Author Topic: Full House!  (Read 31139 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Full House!
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2017, 16:08 »
Where abouts in cornwall are your folks?  I live in North Cornwall so you will most definitely go past my house enroute.
Penzance.
Some great driving roads down that way but your passengers tend to get a bit unwell!!  :laugh:

And I should have added to my previous post, the CS is a special car and a great choice for a keeper, I sold my 7R to get one and I don't regret it one bit.
I'd been keeping a close eye on your posts as I had similar thoughts and reasonings.
In fact it was yourself and wigit who talked me out of a scirocco many years ago!

This has got me looking through the VW used section now.....
+ Drive the Deal.
+ Autotrader....
My OH isn't even objecting....
So what's stopping me? Nothing in theory. Hmmm....
I'm not taking any responsibility for your impending actions (but you won't regret them!)
 :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2017, 16:33 »
You do indeed drive right past my house enroute to Penzance. When you are down this way next time let me know.  I will also try to meet up in Exeter in near future.  Just bogged down with coursework for next month or two.  Mileage on my Golf R is really low as a result.  Only done 1.5K+ since September. 

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2017, 19:17 »
Just came home and spotted this thread Exonian.
I can't believe you had the GTD for such a short time but once you see a white CS in the flesh, it's hard to ignore the urge to own one.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that me and my wife had a good look round what I consider the best looking Golf I have ever seen, in a dealers in Bolton.
It was an Oryx white CS, 5 door manual with Prets and bucket seats. Perfect spec for me although I love the wheels on yours ( wouldn't mind a set on my GTI PP ) :drool:
Try to keep it until at least August and keep it clean :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 07 May 2017, 19:51 »
You've literally just made me  :sick: with Envy lol.
I've been trying my very best to get into a CS for this past month or so now, not because I dislike my R, because I just can never settle and I think it is a cracking looking car.

With the dam right insults I'm getting for trade in on my current car I'm now positive it ain't gonna happen.

I say well done sir for just doing it, enjoy every second of ownership however long it may last :grin:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2017, 23:26 »
You do indeed drive right past my house enroute to Penzance. When you are down this way next time let me know.  I will also try to meet up in Exeter in near future.  Just bogged down with coursework for next month or two.  Mileage on my Golf R is really low as a result.  Only done 1.5K+ since September.

Mid August to Late December last year my R did 280 miles.
In that time it lost over £2k in depreciation.  :shocked:
You'll be much more sensible and keep yours though. I do miss having mine.
Good to hear you're still studying hard Brendan, it'll be well worth the hard work in the end.

Just came home and spotted this thread Exonian.
I can't believe you had the GTD for such a short time but once you see a white CS in the flesh, it's hard to ignore the urge to own one.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that me and my wife had a good look round what I consider the best looking Golf I have ever seen, in a dealers in Bolton.
It was an Oryx white CS, 5 door manual with Prets and bucket seats. Perfect spec for me although I love the wheels on yours ( wouldn't mind a set on my GTI PP ) :drool:
Try to keep it until at least August and keep it clean :wink:
I remember well you posting up about it and your subsequent CS related posts. I've been scan reading the forums still despite not having had much time to post up any of my usual nonsense.
I had a wry smile on my face over the last week and a bit knowing you'd approve of my latest acquisition!  :whistle:

You've literally just made me  :sick: with Envy lol.
I've been trying my very best to get into a CS for this past month or so now, not because I dislike my R, because I just can never settle and I think it is a cracking looking car.

With the dam right insults I'm getting for trade in on my current car I'm now positive it ain't gonna happen.

I say well done sir for just doing it, enjoy every second of ownership however long it may last :grin:
You and I sing from the same hymn sheet Ian:
Week 1, change car
Week 2, change wheels
Week 3, rinse & repeat

:grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 08 May 2017, 07:16 »
Yea I think your right Andy.
If I weren't buying a new house ATM I'd be in a CS about a month ago no matter what the cost..............dam house ha ha
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 08 May 2017, 12:24 »
Really great read of your journey through the ranges and how decisions were came to be made.

Cannot fault your thought process based on circumstances even letting the R go due to practicalities, though now have the R expect to keep it completely as main car and then 2nd car that's how much love it.

My review of my 3 years with the GTD was its all the car you would ever need, you get everything would seek across the board.

However, when you drive and R or a clubsport imagine, you understand what the GTD misses, these cars (obviously) add that layer of something, that je ne sais quoi, some soul and are really the cars in this range that you would want, not need.

Personally love the clubsport, yours looks awesome right there, and totally get it and given how presented itself to you, the journey, then I would call that fate and hope you enjoy the feeling it gives you for many years (and give the long suffering wife a break from your wheeling and dealing :) )
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 May 2017, 13:01 »
I would agree with Hertsmans sentiments on the Golf R and Clubsport compared to the rest of the range.  Any of the performance golfs are all you would ever need.  but when i got my Golf R I got the sense that it was all the car I wanted as well.  As I say, I don't have any signs of desire to change at present.  Although when i had my Golf GTI PP, although I absolutely loved the car as it was all I needed, I still yearned for the Golf R when it was released.  I am definitely planning on keeping my Golf R for a while, which is why I paid for an extended 5 yr warranty on it. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 May 2017, 13:22 »
That looks amazing Exonian, big congrats. The dealership next to me has an identical one to yours but only with the bucket seats and it looks brilliant. I keep going down to check it out and longingly hope that they have reduced the price but not a chance. I registered my interest in it but the salesman reckoned it would be gone pretty quickly. 

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 08 May 2017, 13:29 »
mk7 legend right there  :grin:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity