Author Topic: No mode button at gear area  (Read 10063 times)

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
Re: No mode button at gear area
« Reply #30 on: 03 April 2018, 22:01 »
Sorry, I have no intention to be rude.
My apologies.
I feel bad that the folks in Ireland get the short end of the straw.
But why say something which is obviously a fake news?
Or is it just ignorance?
I just thought that facts are very clear about the level of equipment...
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 04 April 2018, 15:59 »
Different people on this forum have said the Irish spec cars aren't the same as the UK spec ones. They may be now but since 2013 the spec levels have been different whether you like/agree with it or not. Fake news? Ignorance? Ffs !!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline st332

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 04 April 2018, 17:07 »
The tax treatment of cars in Ireland is very different to the UK and I think there may be differences also in how extras are treated for tax purposes.
In general, we pay a far higher rate of tax on a new car and new cars are considerably more expensive than the UK as a result.
Historically, cars were cheaply spec'd for the Irish market to keep the price down but this now seems not to be the case.
I think the specs nowadays are there or thereabouts between Ireland and the UK, with some differences probably due to the ability to keep things within various tax bands in each jurisdiction.
Collected 20/09/17: Mk 7.5 GTI PP DSG 5dr Irish Spec
Extras: Dark Iron Blue Metallic, DCC, Alarm, Keyless, Park Assist, DAB Radio, Innovation Pack (Discover Media, High Beam Light Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack)