Author Topic: Dsg ploblems?  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Jonny341

• Just got here
Dsg ploblems?
« on: 02 September 2015, 22:13 »
Hi, I have a 2009 gti dsg and now and again it sometimes takes a while selecting reverse. Also sometimes when changing from drive to reverse it can make a weird  banging type noise. Mileage 81200 had a dsg service at 48000 and 79500 but not sure if last service changed the filter when they changed the oil could it be to do with that or a remap? Cheers

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: Dsg ploblems?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2015, 08:50 »
Hi, I have a 2009 gti dsg and now and again it sometimes takes a while selecting reverse. Also sometimes when changing from drive to reverse it can make a weird  banging type noise. Mileage 81200 had a dsg service at 48000 and 79500 but not sure if last service changed the filter when they changed the oil could it be to do with that or a remap? Cheers

I heard a lot of people have problems after a service. Did you take to a competent VW garage that you trust? I would take it back and tell them its started after the chance and get them to have a look at it for you.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Jonny341

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2015, 19:06 »
I took it to a friend of my who has a garage and has done loads of dsg services so I have all my trust in him. It did happen before he serviced it so that why am thinking it's the mecationic unit. Any other ideas cheers

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2015, 13:09 »
I took it to a friend of my who has a garage and has done loads of dsg services so I have all my trust in him. It did happen before he serviced it so that why am thinking it's the mecationic unit. Any other ideas cheers

I would get your friend to do a full DSG reset. It fixes a good 50% issues and only takes about 20 mins to do.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Jonny341

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2015, 16:19 »
How much does this normally cost? Am hoping to get a dsg  stage 1 remap for it soon would this fix it ? Cheers