Author Topic: Current Lead times  (Read 15329 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Current Lead times
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2018, 11:54 »
How accurate is the 'on line chat' Fred. I ordered a GTI PP only 3 weeks ago and the on line tracking confirms stage 2...at the factory.  The online chat then confirmed the car is currently down to be built WC 24 September which i think is week 39.

If the tracker shows a build week confirmed then that's usually a fair indicator but that won't be confirmed until 4 weeks before the build week - they plan production on a weekly cycle with 4 weeks lead. At that point they know all of the parts are going to be available to assemble your car.

If its just unofficial, then they don't know sh1t. I'd say they don't know sh1t at this time. All it takes is for one thing to be missing and your production will get rolled back a week....

And VW UK customer service have no more insight into the factory's planning system than you or I do!!!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2018, 12:55 »
I was told yesterday that the VW plant are on a shutdown until 27th September and that if I order a GTI PP now it would not arrive until January (at best)!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 21 August 2018, 14:17 »
At this time, WLTP testing is the major hangup - even more than the usual summer shutdown...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 August 2018, 16:01 »
I was told yesterday that the VW plant are on a shutdown until 27th September and that if I order a GTI PP now it would not arrive until January (at best)!

VW’s factory in Uitenhage (South Africa) where the new Polo is built has also been on an extended shut down; 2.5 - 3 months from mid May to early this month. Has caused considerable frustration to many who’ve ordered and are waiting for information on confirmed build dates. There were already lengthy wait times before the shut down and the extended shut down has just made the waiting times even longer.

In VW’s customary manner, there’s no information on the reasons for the shut down, although it’s assumed to be WLTP-related and re-tooling for 2019 MY changes.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2018, 16:21 »

The problem being is that every VW retailer tells a different story.  As a check i have rang various VW retailers (even in the same group) asking when a new car from factory order can be made available, and they all tell a different story ranging from 17 weeks to 30 weeks. 

Offline saltire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 22 August 2018, 09:28 »
Aye, just ordered and put deposit down on a factory build at weekend and estimate is for 31 Jan delivery :sad:

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 23 August 2018, 23:01 »
At this time, WLTP testing is the major hangup - even more than the usual summer shutdown...

What’s all this WLTP testing and will you it affect the power of the new GTI Performance?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 23 August 2018, 23:42 »

What’s all this WLTP testing and will you it affect the power of the new GTI Performance?

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-wolfsburg-halt-production-1-2-days-week-amid-wltp-delays

Shouldn't affect power of the GTi PP,  although it will be gaining a gasoline particulate filter. So far only the R has been confirmed to have reduced performance to comply with WLTP.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 24 August 2018, 08:44 »

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-wolfsburg-halt-production-1-2-days-week-amid-wltp-delays

Shouldn't affect power of the GTi PP,  although it will be gaining a gasoline particulate filter. So far only the R has been confirmed to have reduced performance to comply with WLTP.

The GTI Performance is certainly much cleaner due and absolutely no soot on the exhausts after 1-2 weeks compared to the normal GTI. Guess that's part of fartgate.  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2018, 08:53 »
I get quite a bit of soot on my 7 pp. Didn't get anywhere near the amount on the Gtd. Maybe more soot due to commuting and no long runs recently?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.