Author Topic: Can't find my vehicle data sticker  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
Can't find my vehicle data sticker
« on: 18 June 2018, 22:28 »
Hi,

I have a new GTI PP, and can't find the vehicle data sticker with all the codes on re the codes and options etc.
Where is it normally on these?

GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Can't find my vehicle data sticker
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2018, 23:16 »
Either on the boot floor or inside your wallet of books that came with the car or both.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2018, 07:21 »
Either on the boot floor or inside your wallet of books that came with the car or both.

I checked, and mine doesn't appear to be in either of those places: can't see it anywhere. I shall have to quiz the dealer...... :rolleyes:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Online SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2018, 08:11 »
I think the location of the data sticker has been moved to behind the hatch opening lower trim panel.

You can see it in this video with the trim panel removed, from around 1 min into the video;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KPS8Mr0jgU

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2018, 08:39 »
Look in the owners manual, inside the front cover. That's where mine is anyway.  :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2018, 10:05 »
The space in my handbook is blank. Just dropped off at dealers for minor scratch repair and asked them to track it down or get hold of one for me. I want it as it includes things like the oil code etc.

Oh, and asked themn to nag VW UK about the infamous supperleggera bumper cover (a.k.a. sodding great hole for a towbar I don't have!)  :rolleyes: