Author Topic: PP Real World Ownership Review  (Read 9718 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: PP Real World Ownership Review
« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2018, 12:50 »
clarky - very good review and good to hear from someone who has driven both. My one concern re the PP (and I appreciate I will be in the minority here...) is that I don't really want a noisy exhaust. Is there much difference between the PP and non-PP, externally and in the cabin? Does the exhaust note apply to Sport mode only or all the time? thanks

Exhaust is fine dont worry about it. Its not really that loud, you wont look like a chav at a set of lights. Its only really throaty when in sport mode and foot flat, most of it is played through the speakera so only cabin noise, which can be adjusted through settings.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2018, 12:57 »
In fact the PP is for you if you dont wont as much noise as DSG7 wont produce the farts on upshift whereas the DSG6 on non PP will.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2018, 13:01 »
Thanks clarky - don't really want to be waking the (elderly) neighbours at 6am every morning :) From what I've read about the 7DSG 'box, it seems very impressive and more economical than the man (I would miss the golf ball gear shift ...)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 18 June 2018, 13:15 »
I start mine at 6am for work now and its fine, can be a tad loud for 10 seconds or so but nothing crazy. Its not like an aftermarket exhausy loud

I was meant to update this top about mpg but completely fogot if I did or not.

The DSG7 is far more economical. Tip (use nornal mode not eco)

Offline spills

• Just got here
« Reply #34 on: 18 June 2018, 19:25 »
Great review.
Glad I've ordered a DSG PP  :cool: