Author Topic: new vw golf gti mk 7.5 ordered.  (Read 5752 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: new vw golf gti mk 7.5 ordered.
« Reply #10 on: 02 December 2017, 23:20 »
If you want keyless, get it. It’s a great feature. Few scare stories in the news recently about it but just take reasonable precautions and I don’t think you’ll have anything to worry about.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2017, 09:32 »
I’d rather push a button to unlock and turn a key to start my car rather than have to remember to put my key into a bag just to protect my car.
But if Mr scumbag thief wants your car then as I've said before it won't matter. You don't have keyless hell break into your house for the keys, if you have keyless and they can't get a signal they'll break into your house for the keys. It doesn't matter!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 December 2017, 09:58 »
I agree... to an extent.
Part of the appeal for the keyless entry thieves is there is no confrontation.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2017, 14:56 »
They can't a signal though if your keys are in a Faraday bag.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2017, 14:57 »
You don’t even need that bag. Rob a bit of tinfoil from your kitchen... leave the key in the tinfoil over night. same thing.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2017, 14:58 »
👍

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 December 2017, 17:20 »
Without wanting to go way off topic, genuine question, but could one of you kind people please educate me as to the benefits of keyless entry?

I've never had it, although I did have a Ford Focus that had pushbutton start and I always felt it was a pointless gimmick. I wondered at the time that if it was proper keyless entry instead of just keyless start, that might be more useful. But when I read about people putting their keys in a crisp packet or an old sweetie tin, I can't help but feel it's all a bit ridiculous.

No offence.
7.5 GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 03 December 2017, 17:44 »
Rarely take the key out of my pocket. Especially this time of year, wearing a jacket, car key rarely leaves my jacket pocket.
Approach car with hands full - with baby / shopping bags, boot will open without faffing around looking for the keys.
The push button start is just a bit cool. Adds a nice premium touch imo.

Turning a key in the ignition is akin to the crank start on a Ford Model T. No offence like.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2017, 17:59 »
None taken.  :smiley:

I understand how it might be helpful if you often approach the car with your hands full. But presumably you still need to keep at least one hand free to pull the door / boot open? And if you know the key is in your jacket pocket why do you need to look for it? And presumably you still need to take the key out of your jacket pocket to put it in the sweetie tin or crisp packet?

Apologies if i'm missing something?
7.5 GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 December 2017, 18:11 »
No you’re not missing anything tbh. Like most features barring the seats and the steering wheel it’s not exactly critically necessary, and dare I say, like a lot of features, if you’ve never had it you wouldn’t miss it.
But it’s a really lovely feature imo, that definitely gives the car a little extra premium feel, a feature that I have had on a couple of cars for about 5 years now and I would not spec a car without it, despite the scare stories. Horses for courses, etc...