Author Topic: FOUND THE LEAK!!!!  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
FOUND THE LEAK!!!!
« on: 20 August 2017, 20:14 »
Hi all, not been active in a while so i thought id start a new thread instead of updating the old one, as you may or may not remember my car was steaming up implying moisture in the vehicle, some said pollen filter, i opened drivers door today to find the inner sill wet, took the door panel off and the age old stupid vw membrane panel has been leaking ive dried it and sealed it up with plumbers gold as i did in my fabia! Its a really really bad way of trying to seal a door, so i took the carpet up (nightmare) ripped the damp underlay out and its currently drying on the radiator, but the BIGGEST find was a separate piece of underlay thats black rubberised one side and foam the other by the pedals, it was absolutely ringing wet! Got that out and will probably need a new one of those so put as much back together on a temporary basis until the underlay is dry and i get a new piece for the front i just pray ive fixed it!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: FOUND THE LEAK!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2017, 17:52 »
Will have. Unless the door rubber above the switches is leaking too. :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2017, 18:12 »

Wish i could laugh, above the switches? Cant see how that would happen, surely the door would have to fill up for that??

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2017, 13:13 »

Wish i could laugh, above the switches? Cant see how that would happen, surely the door would have to fill up for that??
door seal at top of the door above the window can drip onto the switch panel in heavy rain if door misalighned or door rubber faulty or worn.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2017, 17:17 »
Pretty sure that bits fine, be very very surprised if thats faulty or the door is mis aligned