Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 552578 times)

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1500 on: 27 November 2017, 14:50 »
Not Golf related but VAG... Picked up a '15 plate RS3 on Friday that was in need of some attention... When I washed there was a not a single bit of water beading..  :cry:

Carried out snow foam pre-wash, 2 bucket wash (with some Gtechniq wash), clay bar (the car was very contaminated), single stage machine polish, panel wipe then coat of Polish Angel Master Sealant (ceramic coat). Glass was cleaned and sealed, tyres dressed and the exhausts received some much need work - it was like they hadn't been cleaned more than once!

Looks a different car Jim, fantastic job! The owner must've been pleased! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1501 on: 27 November 2017, 16:05 »
Not Golf related but VAG... Picked up a '15 plate RS3 on Friday that was in need of some attention... When I washed there was a not a single bit of water beading..  :cry:

Carried out snow foam pre-wash, 2 bucket wash (with some Gtechniq wash), clay bar (the car was very contaminated), single stage machine polish, panel wipe then coat of Polish Angel Master Sealant (ceramic coat). Glass was cleaned and sealed, tyres dressed and the exhausts received some much need work - it was like they hadn't been cleaned more than once!

Looks a different car Jim, fantastic job! The owner must've been pleased! :smiley:

Looks brilliant and great colour. You’ve done a cracking job there Jim. Especially like it in this picture;

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1502 on: 27 November 2017, 16:51 »
Excellent work Jim.  Very satisfying turning those tailpipes around I can imagine, as well as the rest of the car.  Fab work, looks a stunning result.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1503 on: 27 November 2017, 16:59 »
Thanks all - my first chargeable job. And got to drive it for a few days as he's a friend  :smiley:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1504 on: 28 November 2017, 14:19 »
Amazing, my day off only a few days before we head off to the frozen north and it's not raining! So, a good wash (with warm water in the bucket and gloves on) following a snow foam, not too dirty but went over it all twice before cleaning the wheels which also were fairly clean. Then a check of all panels leading to my trusty Wo-Wo clay mitt being let loose on the roof, bonnet and a couple of other isolated areas. Once dried off a coat of wax all over. Annoyingly whilst just starting to buff it off there were a few spots of rain but luckily it passed over. C2v3 applied to the windscreen and AG Fast Glass all round. It was nice for a change not to be rushed so I rather enjoyed the whole process :smiley: Pleased with the results, shame the sun disappeared over the back of our house as I couldn't capture the full effect of the glossiness.

Anyway:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1505 on: 28 November 2017, 16:40 »
Amazing, my day off only a few days before we head off to the frozen north and it's not raining! So, a good wash (with warm water in the bucket and gloves on) following a snow foam, not too dirty but went over it all twice before cleaning the wheels which also were fairly clean. Then a check of all panels leading to my trusty Wo-Wo clay mitt being let loose on the roof, bonnet and a couple of other isolated areas. Once dried off a coat of wax all over. Annoyingly whilst just starting to buff it off there were a few spots of rain but luckily it passed over. C2v3 applied to the windscreen and AG Fast Glass all round. It was nice for a change not to be rushed so I rather enjoyed the whole process :smiley: Pleased with the results, shame the sun disappeared over the back of our house as I couldn't capture the full effect of the glossiness.

Looks great; good effort on a cold day. Don’t blame you for using warm water!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1506 on: 28 November 2017, 16:48 »
Top job Watts.   :cool:

Even just a pair of nitrile gloves on during the wash makes a hell of a difference to freezing hands.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1507 on: 28 November 2017, 17:10 »

Looks great; good effort on a cold day. Don’t blame you for using warm water!

Cheers SR :smiley: It was a bit parky but there was a point when I felt the temperature really drop, just before it tried to rain. That's when I got my skates on, finished off and got in for a cuppa and some hot food. I've probably added tons more swirls with the clay mitt but it's great, so easy to use and you really feel the difference. Will definitely see about a DA in the new year, keen to see what it'll do.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1508 on: 28 November 2017, 17:13 »
Top job Watts.   :cool:

Even just a pair of nitrile gloves on during the wash makes a hell of a difference to freezing hands.

Cheers :smiley: They certainly do help, well worth it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1509 on: 28 November 2017, 21:53 »
Looking good, red looks fantastic when fully cleaned!

Agreed, don't do any washing without them now - save your hands as well with certain products!
« Last Edit: 28 November 2017, 22:58 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey