Author Topic: Kenwood/Garmin Nav Upgrade for Mk7 anyone?  (Read 29885 times)

Offline spider62

• Not said much yet
Re: Kenwood/Garmin Nav Upgrade for Mk7 anyone?
« Reply #60 on: 06 December 2017, 17:13 »
Hi, just looked at fitting instructions and there is no mention of dip switch settings, only referring to connection of GPS antenna,FM antenna,Nav I/f terminal and Black,red and yellow connections.
GTI PP MK7,LSG,DCC,Winter Pack,Kenwood GNV-MIB1 + VCDS Mods

Offline spider62

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 06 December 2017, 17:32 »
Just found info about dip switch settings on Kenwood web site,this is the link:-  http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/files/file/car/uk/Volkswagen-MK7-Golf-instructions.pdf
I think this has all the info.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2017, 17:36 by spider62 »
GTI PP MK7,LSG,DCC,Winter Pack,Kenwood GNV-MIB1 + VCDS Mods

Offline Ollie231

• Just got here
« Reply #62 on: 09 January 2018, 18:44 »
Sorry to be the guy who jumps in as a first poster to help solve a problem they have but....

Bought my car from a dealer in July and they fitted the Kenwood/Garmin Nav Upgrade for me. As part of the deal they promised to update the maps but said it was a bit of a mare as they had to remove the glovebox to do it and we could catch it when it came in for its service.

Took it in yesterday and just had a phone call from the guy that sold me the car. They are denying that there are any updates available and the software is up to date. Since the maps were last updated in 2014 according to the sat nav I’m calling bullsh!t on that.

Which software is it actually that needs updating, Ive heard GVN60 banded about. Is it GVN60 map software on an SD card it needs?

Cheers

Ollie
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 18:47 by Ollie231 »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 09 January 2018, 18:53 »
Quick bit of research dug up this, not sure if it helps?

https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/products/volkswagen-retrofits/vw-garmin-nav-upgrade-for-composition-media/

"Updateable navigation maps (Via Garmin Website)

Due to the physical restraints we can supply a USB Card Extender for an additional £25. This means you can update your maps etc without the need to remove your glovebox each time (Which is a pain in the backside). Please make us aware if you need this prior to purchase."
7.5 GTD

Offline Ollie231

• Just got here
« Reply #64 on: 09 January 2018, 19:08 »
Thanks, that confirms that there are updates, which they claim there aren’t! A SD extender into the glovebox sounds like a great idea.