Author Topic: Timing Chain tensioner Failure List (timing issue)- Please Update with Your Info  (Read 145231 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
    • Flickr
I used the chain replacement kit listed on Deutsche Auto Parts as a rough guide to what I should expect to be replaced and they do not include timing gears in their kit. I asked LVS to check for any other worn parts that might need replacing while there was access to them so I can only assume that the gears themselves were fine to be reused.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2017, 11:32 by seabrook132 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, ACC

Offline joe6

• GTI forum regular
I used the chain replacement kit listed on Deutsche Auto Parts as a rough guide to what I should expect to be replaced and they do not include timing gears in their kit. I asked LVS to check for any other worn parts that might need replacing while there was access to them so I can only assume that the gears themselves were fine to be reused.

Thanks for the info. Interested in your new block 93 values when you get them. Will be taking mine over the week end. I am based near Lincoln so it was also of interested where you took your car.
Carbon Grey, 2010 a few VCDS mods. White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids!!)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
    • Flickr
Checked block 93 this morning and I’m now reading -1.36 with the new chain on, so back in to the good zone according to the briskoda thread. Remember to check the value at idle when the engine is fully warm.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, ACC

Offline joe6

• GTI forum regular
Fantastic reading. New chain has worked well. Would be really pleased with that value. Thanks for the reminder about warm engine. Been struck down with manflu  :sick: so the test will have to wait a bit.
Carbon Grey, 2010 a few VCDS mods. White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids!!)