Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740738 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8650 on: 25 June 2018, 22:09 »
Dodged the rain to give it a wash and QD.  The old girl’s not looking too bad.

Your car looks amazing. It’s a credit to you, especially in black.
I spent the night fitting some side stripes which I’m quite happy with :)

https://flic.kr/p/25LnWsW
https://flic.kr/p/25LnWzQ
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8651 on: 26 June 2018, 07:45 »

Your car looks amazing. It’s a credit to you, especially in black.
I spent the night fitting some side stripes which I’m quite happy with :)

https://flic.kr/p/25LnWsW
https://flic.kr/p/25LnWzQ

Thank you.  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 26 June 2018, 07:47 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8652 on: 26 June 2018, 07:46 »
@MjSharpe

Took the liberty of posting your pics up from the links.  See below

They really really suit the car.  :cool:

« Last Edit: 26 June 2018, 07:48 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8653 on: 26 June 2018, 09:20 »
@MjSharpe

Took the liberty of posting your pics up from the links.  See below

They really really suit the car.  :cool:

Many thanks :) I don't know how to post pics  :cry: I just use the flikr links.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8654 on: 26 June 2018, 11:58 »

To get the photo to embed from Flickr, you need to copy and paste the BBCode into your post. To do so, if you click on the sweeping arrow to the bottom left of your chosen photo it will bring up a box and then select BBCode along the top of that box, select preferred size and copy and paste the link into your post.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8655 on: 26 June 2018, 12:04 »

To get the photo to embed from Flickr, you need to copy and paste the BBCode into your post. To do so, if you click on the sweeping arrow to the bottom left of your chosen photo it will bring up a box and then select BBCode along the top of that box, select preferred size and copy and paste the link into your post.

Thank you very much, appreciated :)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8656 on: 26 June 2018, 14:48 »

Thank you very much, appreciated :)

Sorry, above should read sweeping arrow at bottom right not left!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8657 on: 26 June 2018, 16:38 »
Had quite a long chat with Paul at AKS Tuning and subsequently ordered an uprated organic Helix clutch plate, Sachs pressure plate and other gearshift related OEM+ goodies as recommended by Alex, owner of AKS and apparent GTi tuning guru. It's easier to list what won't be replaced, the gearbox, OEM DMF and the trick diff'.

Car goes in to the local'ish VW Indy for open heart transmission surgery, Thursday morning. It'll be the same GTI PP, but better(er) than it was Jim. Been quoted 5.5 hours labour.

If it's of interest? Full post to follow once the work has been completed.  :cool:

Cheers all, Papa John.

Have you remapped your car, or is it just for longevity?

Offline Papa John

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8658 on: 26 June 2018, 21:09 »
Had quite a long chat with Paul at AKS Tuning and subsequently ordered an uprated organic Helix clutch plate, Sachs pressure plate and other gearshift related OEM+ goodies as recommended by Alex, owner of AKS and apparent GTi tuning guru. It's easier to list what won't be replaced, the gearbox, OEM DMF and the trick diff'.

Car goes in to the local'ish VW Indy for open heart transmission surgery, Thursday morning. It'll be the same GTI PP, but better(er) than it was Jim. Been quoted 5.5 hours labour.

If it's of interest? Full post to follow once the work has been completed.  :cool:

Cheers all, Papa John.

Have you remapped your car, or is it just for longevity?

Can we say that I'm future proofing the drivetrain while also reserving the option to improve the performance parameters of the vehicle.  :wink: The gearshift action and OEM clutch are items which can and therefore should be improved...

Full post to follow at the weekend.  :cool:
2015 Tornado Red 5dr GTI PP, Manual, Austin wheels.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8659 on: 27 June 2018, 22:55 »
So fair enough, this will be far less interesting than most posts on here. Had a few good long drives. Home to Stockton and back for a long weekend, 520 mile round trip which pushed the car over 25k miles, 40 mpg there in poor traffic (it was a Friday night) and 45 mpg on the way back at a steady 75ish much of the way. Very comfortable and fun when given the opportunity :evil: Then today, a nice trip to Worthing, 120 mile round trip, great drive on the A24, plenty of cameras to spoil some of the fun but a good road to enjoy the drive on. Walk on the beach, toes in the sea, tea on the pier, walk around a poor museum/gallery then back home via a massive traffic jam :rolleyes: Still really enjoying my GTI though, great drive and civilised too, perfect :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.