Author Topic: Xbox One launching 22nd November!  (Read 14106 times)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Xbox One launching 22nd November!
« on: 21 May 2013, 19:13 »
 :shocked: :cool: :nerd:

Forza 5 and cod ghosts, yes please!!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: Xbox one
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2013, 19:15 »
Forzalooked pretty great.  As did COD tbh.  I'm not too keen on the look of tthe console but maybe it's a grower.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2013, 20:16 »
http://uk.ign.com/xbox-720

All the details you could need. By the way, don't go selling your 360 just yet, Xbox One isn't backwards compatible.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2013, 21:08 »
I'm not overly impressed with the Xbox One, it doesn't look any better than the PS4.  Going to wait and see what turns up at E3.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2013, 06:25 »
Its trying to be TOO clever  :undecided:

Also does Kinect no work in smaller spaces as i havent got it for my current Xbox due to the space it needs  :sad:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2013, 09:00 »
Its trying to be TOO clever  :undecided:

Also does Kinect no work in smaller spaces as i havent got it for my current Xbox due to the space it needs  :sad:

It's not ideal in smaller spaces but it is needed to run the Xbox One, I would imagine mainly for voice commands etc. It comes bundled with the console anyway.

I would say it's trying to be too clever, same could be said for smartphones when they first started emerging, but it's a way of life now.

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2013, 09:02 »
am I right in thinking they are locking games down to consoles? hence stopping swapping and px-ing.

if so, that's a bad move.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2013, 09:08 »
am I right in thinking they are locking games down to consoles? hence stopping swapping and px-ing.

if so, that's a bad move.

Not 100% sure but read this article, we need more details as they are being cautious of what they are saying at the moment.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2013, 10:19 »
The generally believed rumour it that games are locked to consoles.  If you want to play a game on a different console then you have to pay a charge to MS.

Kinect is compulsory on the One, whether you're going to use it or not.  However it's much more accurate and apparently will work in smaller spaces. 

The killer is no backward compatibility though.  Plus the PS4 is faster (2.0Ghz vs 1.6Ghz, and DDR5 memory).

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2013, 10:26 »
The generally believed rumour it that games are locked to consoles.  If you want to play a game on a different console then you have to pay a charge to MS.

Kinect is compulsory on the One, whether you're going to use it or not.  However it's much more accurate and apparently will work in smaller spaces. 

The killer is no backward compatibility though.  Plus the PS4 is faster (2.0Ghz vs 1.6Ghz, and DDR5 memory).

Until MS say exactly how the whole game install / resale etc. works we can't be sure.

Kinect is compulsory, but does look like it will actually be a useful peripheral this time around (we will see).

PS4 may be more powerful but the PS3 was a much more advanced system back along, in the real world, it doesn't really mean anything as it's all down to how the developers use the hardware.