Author Topic: Shed-esque Golf2 Syncro  (Read 146159 times)

sharpie

Re: not-a-GTI Golf2 Syncro track shed
« Reply #40 on: 08 April 2008, 23:16 »
that's braw tom :cool: i've been logging on here to see how you've been getting on with it - just get out and drive it!!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #41 on: 09 April 2008, 01:19 »
Gobsh!te.

It's gotta be fit to be driven before it's driven - nothing worse than reading a build thread that ends in 'and there was this awful engine fire' or similar.  Hopefully the check and re-check strategy should mean it can be just driven.

There was a major psychological breakthrough a few minutes ago - all four road wheels are now on the ground.  That means it's ready to roll once I've fitted various items like the light switches back into the dash!

The bu99er is I'm probably not going to have much time to work on it until the start of next week  :cry:

What's this I hear about you getting pulled for having plates that are 'too gay for Scotland'?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #42 on: 09 April 2008, 22:42 »
What's this I hear about you getting pulled for having plates that are 'too gay for Scotland'?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

sharpie

« Reply #43 on: 10 April 2008, 01:12 »
i'm sure it'll be fine! will be interesting to see how it compares to before. expected power?

not telling you anything anymore beav. technically pulled once for 'going too fast round a roundabout' (but in my defence i was under the speed limit of 60mph) and they happened to notice the plates, but the other time was just the plates. standards are on now anyway - not wanting to attract any more attention to myself if i can help it.

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #44 on: 10 April 2008, 10:17 »
i'm sure it'll be fine! will be interesting to see how it compares to before. expected power?

not telling you anything anymore beav.

you did say thomas would love it.

i saw fit  to confirm that  :grin:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #45 on: 10 April 2008, 10:19 »
This is one of my fave build threads on here at the moment. Keep up the good work bud!

Nick

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #46 on: 10 April 2008, 10:52 »
Quick update.  Here's the car as it currently sits:

I've put a couple more interior fittings in - just need to fit up stuff like the switchgear, which should remove the short on the rear lights!

Note lovely new leather-rimmed wheel - bought with the right collar on it from a junk shop in Holland!

Having the seat in enabled me to test out a couple of things yesterday - I can confirm that the clutch and gear linkage work, as I've now driven it (about 50cm) backwards and forwards.

Next session forecast to happen on Sunday - I need to get the Quattro-motored singlecab out of the way so I can drive the Golf out!

sharpie

« Reply #47 on: 10 April 2008, 11:35 »
badgeless grill? you style whore.

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 10 April 2008, 19:42 »
obviously weighs less than a badged grill :D

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #49 on: 10 April 2008, 21:50 »
badgeless grill? you style whore.

Yes, it's true.  It's my one concession to in-duh-viduality.

And yes, without the spotlights it probably does weigh less than the stand item, although I'll make up for that with a relay kit on the remaining pair of lights - it's function over form, as usual  :grin:.  A relay kit should make the headlights bearable on the night haul out to Adenau in May, although I might put the standard grille on to benefit from the goodness of the spotlights on the section of road off the Autoroute through Belgium into the Eiffel mountains.