Author Topic: Hyundai 130N 2021  (Read 4177 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Hyundai 130N 2021
« Reply #10 on: 04 December 2020, 09:06 »
If your BMW dealer is interested in PCP'ing as many as possible, they must be offering test drives... although from what the guy I am talking to is saying, a lot of his customers really don't bother to analyse the options or even care about anything much.

I find that very strange - I am not the most petrolhead person in the world by a long way, but I am spending a vast amount of money on a car and I want to make sure I'm going to be happy with it and that all of the options I am paying for actually serve some function (real or perceived lol). I am certainly not about to commit that sort of cash to a car unless i can properly test drive it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 04 December 2020, 09:07 »
I have a worrying feeling that the Ed45 will be more than the R.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 December 2020, 09:20 »
Talking to a mate, he was saying, that you have to remember an awful lot of people just see a car as method of transport and won’t do the sort of analyse that I (and as far as I can see all you guys as well) would do.

In terms of his dad for example, he said not interested at all. Walked on dealer forecourt/into showroom and said, I’ll take that one. Then on the finance A lot of people are just driven (no pun intended) by the monthly figure fitting into their bank balance.

It does seem utterly amazing (in a bad way) that people don’t at least look closer at finance options...let alone the car details.

Anyway my shortlist is going to be Hyundai N Division v VAG still not sure if BMW will sneak in but there seems to be so much positivity that seems stupid not to include
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 04 December 2020, 09:25 »

There is such a narrow price gap between the clubby and the R that there's hardly any room to make an ED45 bundle price point in there. I also don't see how you could squeeze more power out of a FWD clubby and leave the R on top either - that gap is really narrow too.

Unless of course that the ED45 is going to be a GTI with extras and not a clubby with extras....

Maybe the ED45 will just be a GTI with some better seats, different wheels and some stickers. TBH I think that would be a winner - just not in the right time frame for me.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 04 December 2020, 09:57 »

There is such a narrow price gap between the clubby and the R that there's hardly any room to make an ED45 bundle price point in there. I also don't see how you could squeeze more power out of a FWD clubby and leave the R on top either - that gap is really narrow too.

Unless of course that the ED45 is going to be a GTI with extras and not a clubby with extras....

Maybe the ED45 will just be a GTI with some better seats, different wheels and some stickers. TBH I think that would be a winner - just not in the right time frame for me.

Good point that Fred. I really hope that the Ed45 will be achievable. I still wish to this day I hadn’t sold my Ed35.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2020, 12:31 »
Yep this BMW dealer didn't get why I wanted a test drive, they was just asking what my monthly budget was and if I had a p/x that they would be interested, when I'm paying cash for a car I want emotion from and knowing I already have a car to sell that I can make a nice bit on privetely, it just didn't cut it for me.

I will push for a test drive of both BMW's and see what I can then do on a deal then.

I think you are right though seeing what we had a glimpse of on the German configurator and what the Irish brochure says as "Racing pack" for clubsport that the ED40 will just be some form of limited pack with wheels, seats, exhaust and stickers this time around, which will probably put it over the R list price which I can't justify anyway.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #16 on: 04 December 2020, 19:11 »
I30N interests me because it's available as a manual unlike most new VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda products. i just cannot seem to get on with DSG which limits my options.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 December 2020, 19:38 »
Golf GTi and petrol Octy vRS are both available with a manual gearbox  :smiley: 
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 04 December 2020, 20:19 »
Bmw 1 series doesn't have Dsg  :whistle:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2020, 20:23 »
Bmw 1 series doesn't have Dsg  :whistle:

:grin: True!
7.5 GTD