Author Topic: German Youtube Mk8 Clubsport test/review  (Read 2139 times)

Offline yan355

• Not said much yet
German Youtube Mk8 Clubsport test/review
« on: 09 November 2020, 16:54 »
Hi all

First post on here - been following the forum for a while now as the MK8 GTI/R will be on the list as a replacement for my current daily.

Thanks to everyone as has been a great source of info ideas and thoughts.

Found this on YT and hadn’t seen it flagged on any of the other posts/threads

Enjoy if you’re haven’t watched it cheers

Hopefully the link works

https://youtu.be/VnwdhOrFzTY

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: German Youtube Mk8 Clubsport test/review
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2020, 17:23 »
Tks for posting the link.

I do like the rear roof spoiler, that is about it!

I do NOT want, will be keeping mk7 CS with less doors and more pedals! :)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2020, 17:39 »
Looking forward to watching this. The CS is the only Mk8 I’d probably consider.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2020, 21:03 »
Not a YouTube review, just a written one with photos of the Clubsport in Dr Evil grey. It's in German but if you've got autotranslate on your phone then you're set

https://www.vau-max.de/magazin/vau-max-inside/erste-fahrt-im-neuen-vw-golf-gti-clubsport-2020-lohnt-sich-der-gti-clubsport-oder-reicht-der-basis-gti.7656
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2020, 21:17 »
Dr Evil grey does actually look very good on that car. It's a nice looking car, first time I've thought that about a mk8 actual photo so far.

But this, there isn't a review which goes by without saying something like

The much too sensitive sensor buttons on the steering wheel are annoying. With fast cornering or inattentiveness you slide too quickly a menu station too far in the freely configurable instrument display, miss the pressure point or change the radio station without wanting to. That the sliders on the underside of the central multifunctional screen are just as unlit as the one for the volume can only be a bad joke. And if the operating system says goodbye again and again with a black screen, you will want the proven system of the Golf 7 back sooner than expected.

Just when I thought I'd heard all of the hate for the new system, this week people were first talking about steering wheel buttons getting pushed accidentally and now total system crashes?

REALLY vw?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2020, 21:23 »
Yeah that's been said a few times now. The frustration for me is that if the heated steering wheel wasn't standard I probably wouldn't spec it.
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2020, 21:33 »
Just finished reading that review. What a good find. Interesting that it basically says buy the standard gti at the end for the money.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2020, 21:47 »
Unsurprisingly it also mentions the suspension being firmer than the standard GTi. So it's probably a case of try before you buy if you're thinking of speccing 19's without DCC. You might even want it with 18's.
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2020, 22:14 »
It’s interesting that the Life and Style models have real buttons on the steering wheel rather than those haptic touch pads pretending to be buttons.

Touch sensitive heated steering wheel is standard on the rest of the mk8 model range - touch sensitive presumably means it has the Haptic Touch pads. It’s a £280 option on the Life and Style. I’ve never felt the need to have a heated steering wheel in over 40 years of driving, and if I was considering buying a mk8 GTI/GTD/GTE or R-Line I would prefer to have proper buttons on the steering wheel, forego the heated function and save £280.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2020, 22:47 »
Yeah it's haptic touch button everything.

That it's a heated steering wheel doesn't phase me one way or the other, except that it's likely to get switched on by the aforementioned touch buttons every corner.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC