Author Topic: UK Configurator is up....  (Read 10584 times)

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: UK Configurator is up....
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2020, 13:38 »
@ Fredgroves    Someone has had a busy morning deconstructing the VW Configurator....very useful

LOL

I've been waiting for this day for some time, thought I might as well share my morning of "discovery".

Not including the winter pack is a bit rum. TBH not having any "packs" is a bit naff too.

I checked ze german website and couldn't find leather seats on that either btw.

Really looks like they are narrowing the options down for WLTP testing reasons - every combo has to have a test figure...

I'm hoping that the keyless has the new counter-theft sensor in the keyfob - if you don't move it for a while, it stops sending. Won't stop a carpark jack, but would stop doorstep sniffing.

ha ha.  Glad you have been enjoying yourself and thanks for sharing as well.

Yes, I really thought winter park would be a standard feature...to me more use than fancy 3zone climate. but obviously marketing/product planning don't think so

Not surprised you didn't spot the leather seats on vw.de  The interior trim feature is not a stand alone feature and it also seemed to be buried right down the list of options. I looked at the picture and the price and thought that must be leather seats. Something like 2,300Euros

Every so often I jump in my car and if I remember or have sudden uncomfortableness I will flick the locks just in car. Locking doors above 10mph is great (I know not a new feature) but this is the only car I've had it on. Yes if it had the motion sensor that would improve the key-less.  Not sure it featured last time I saw a Keyless entry article , I know Fords have that feature.

Yes, the WLTP testing all the combos has certainly cut down options.  But I am glad to see that VW are still giving a relatively good spread of individual options rather than switching to packs which mean you have to have options you don't want, just to get the one thing that you do want.
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2020, 13:41 »
My attempts to save money by defecting back to Skoda may be thwarted. Just had a look on the German Skoda configurator and;-

Octavia vRS 2.0 TSi dsg Hatch €38,543

By comparison German VW configurator;-

Golf GTi 2.0 TSi DSG Hatch €37,607

Does this mean the Octavia vRS is going to be more expensive than the Golf GTi?

:shocked:   
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2020, 14:03 »
VW took the trouble to update their price list for the Golf Mk8

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/order-a-brochure/golf-8
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2020, 14:14 »
Leather for GTi £2,100

Pro Nav and Harman Kardon are separate options.

Still no Climate Screen option.  :sad:
7.5 GTD

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2020, 14:18 »
    ‘Vienna’ Black/Grey perforated leather upholstery with red piping and contrast stitching including:

- Front sports seats with integrated headrests.

- Heated and air conditioned front seats.

- Driver’s seat with electric adjustment for seat height, seat length, seat cushion angle, backrest angle and electrically adjustable lumbar support.

- Driver’s seat with memory settings for driver’s seat position and door mirrors.

- Passenger’s seat with manual height adjustment and lumbar support[/li][/list]

I would like this option with cloth just to be difficult
    « Last Edit: 24 September 2020, 14:21 by david25 »
    Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
    Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
    • Professional Um Bongo drinker
    « Reply #25 on: 24 September 2020, 14:29 »

Interesting..... now that reveals a bit more.

It suggests :

1) Disco Pro includes We Connect Plus, I'd guess it also has got some sort of uncapped dataplan with it. We Connect is where you find traffic data, without Pro you have to pay (or use Waze!!). Still doesn't explain why you can't have the audio upgrade and navpro though. Got to be a configurator issue? But germany it is the same.

2) The multi coloured ambient lighting isn't on the GTI (phew!)

3) Heated rear seats aren't for the GTI

4) Travel Assist (previously traffic jam assist) is standard (for DSG only, it needs DSG to work...) on the GTI

5) Vienna "leather" is an option for the GTI
    Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
    Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
    « Reply #26 on: 24 September 2020, 14:52 »
      ‘Vienna’ Black/Grey perforated leather upholstery with red piping and contrast stitching including:

- Front sports seats with integrated headrests.

- Heated and air conditioned front seats.

- Driver’s seat with electric adjustment for seat height, seat length, seat cushion angle, backrest angle and electrically adjustable lumbar support.

- Driver’s seat with memory settings for driver’s seat position and door mirrors.

- Passenger’s seat with manual height adjustment and lumbar support[/li][/list]

I would like this option with cloth just to be difficult

Yeah never was an option on the Mk7 for cloth seats and electronic controls. If you wanted all of that, you had to drive around with a sweaty buttcrack.

If you deconstruct the brochure though, manual lumbar support is included on the GTI seats, like the Mk7.x.
      Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
      « Reply #27 on: 24 September 2020, 14:59 »

Interesting..... now that reveals a bit more.

It suggests :

1) Disco Pro includes We Connect Plus, I'd guess it also has got some sort of uncapped dataplan with it. We Connect is where you find traffic data, without Pro you have to pay (or use Waze!!). Still doesn't explain why you can't have the audio upgrade and navpro though. Got to be a configurator issue? But germany it is the same.

2) The multi coloured ambient lighting isn't on the GTI (phew!)

3) Heated rear seats aren't for the GTI

4) Travel Assist (previously traffic jam assist) is standard (for DSG only, it needs DSG to work...) on the GTI

5) Vienna "leather" is an option for the GTI

The only extras i can spot on Nav Pro are gesture control and voice control. Also page 21 of the price list states under Nav Pro option;-
      1 We Connect Plus services are accessed via a compatible mobile device. Please see www.portal.volkswagen-we.com for more information. The use of We Connect Plus entails exchanging large volumes of data. As such, we strongly recommend that you sign-up for a flat rate data plan with your mobile network provider. Information on the duration of We Connect Plus services can be obtained once a user account has been registered on the We Connect web portal. 2 Speed Limit Display only reflects national speed limits and does not show temporary speed limit restrictions, or where permanent changes to speed limits are made in-between map updates.

The Ambient Lighting Pack is standard for all trims except Life.

Heated rear seats are a £470 option for the GTi & GTE as part of an extended Winter Pack.

Travel Assist including Side Assist is standard for the GTi & GTE regardless of which gearbox is chosen, but the version on cars with a manual gearbox doesn't include Emergency Assist.
      « Last Edit: 24 September 2020, 15:02 by Guzzle »
      7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
      « Reply #28 on: 24 September 2020, 15:14 »
      2 Speed Limit Display only reflects national speed limits and does not show temporary speed limit restrictions, or where permanent changes to speed limits are made in-between map updates.

So if you can't rely on it, what's the point?
      2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
      « Reply #29 on: 24 September 2020, 15:20 »
      2 Speed Limit Display only reflects national speed limits and does not show temporary speed limit restrictions, or where permanent changes to speed limits are made in-between map updates.

So if you can't rely on it, what's the point?

You can rely on it sorta.... but don't sue VW for your speeding tickets.