Author Topic: Lots of detailed information here and some awesome pics  (Read 30207 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Lots of detailed information here and some awesome pics
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2013, 10:46 »
very convincing read and has ramped up my excitement to the max!

Ooh, I'm gonna read it now.  That is if my boss would push off so I'm not worried he's looking over my shoulder!  :evil:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2013, 10:53 »
It's a sexy colour. It's deep black pearl I think.
That it is, I went for white but now I'm wavering!

Choosing a colour is the toughest part of the process.
Yeah what it up with that?  I see something I like and think "I want that one" but then when it comes time to tell the dealer what to order my brain is all "go red, no wait, black, no no stick with white, but u really need metallic, no you don't, yes or you'll regret it..."

What it up with that?  Its gonna look great in any colour... well, except maybe the blue, I'm not so keen on that.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2013, 11:03 »
Hope I'm not offending anyone but IMO the blue is pants, why can't we have the Rising Blue - there's pictures of a GTI knocking about on t'internet and it looks awesome - I would have gone for that I reckon if it had been available.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2013, 11:07 »
Yeah what it up with that?  I see something I like and think "I want that one" but then when it comes time to tell the dealer what to order my brain is all "go red, no wait, black, no no stick with white, but u really need metallic, no you don't, yes or you'll regret it...

Human psychology I'm afraid!  To a certain degree, we are all "indecisive perfectionists", and don't like to compromise.  Unfortunately, the more time you spend on a forum like this, the more chance you risk of questioning your decision because of what you see and read!  Just go with your gut and when you get the car, all of this will count for crap as you just enjoy the ride :D
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2013, 11:22 »
Certainly was a lot of dumped data, all good stuff, I want one now!

The GTI in black looks like a childs got a little carried away with the red marker making it look like KITT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

I love it!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2013, 11:36 »
Yeah what it up with that?  I see something I like and think "I want that one" but then when it comes time to tell the dealer what to order my brain is all "go red, no wait, black, no no stick with white, but u really need metallic, no you don't, yes or you'll regret it...

Human psychology I'm afraid!  To a certain degree, we are all "indecisive perfectionists", and don't like to compromise.  Unfortunately, the more time you spend on a forum like this, the more chance you risk of questioning your decision because of what you see and read!  Just go with your gut and when you get the car, all of this will count for crap as you just enjoy the ride :D

You are right.  Also this:
http://www.vwvortex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/volkswagen-golf-7-gti-080-e1366839420861-960x463.jpg
pic is showing one each in red, white and black.  Possibly this implies these are the three basic colours, as opposed to the pearl black, super expensive crazy white and ... standard red.

Ok, yeah, thats pretty thin reasoning.  I guess what I'm really saying is I'm hoping the pure white I went for looks as good as the car in this photo! :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2013, 11:42 »
http://www.vwvortex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/volkswagen-golf-7-gti-080-e1366839420861-960x463.jpg
pic is showing one each in red, white and black.  Possibly this implies these are the three basic colours, as opposed to the pearl black, super expensive crazy white and ... standard red.

Ok, yeah, thats pretty thin reasoning.  I guess what I'm really saying is I'm hoping the pure white I went for looks as good as the car in this photo! :grin:

Take a look at the white photos here.  Under bright lights and a bit of distance, it's quite hard to tell the two whites apart.  Go to your dealership and hold the colour samples next to each other.  Trust me, in either Pure White or Oryx White, it's going to look absolutely stunning  :smiley:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2013, 11:50 »

I thought that it was the 3 main colours too, red, candy white and black (all solid colours). But if you look at the individual pics of the black one it is definitely deep black pearl, you can clearly see the glitter effect.

I agree with Gryzor, from a distance and in general you can't really tell, between the whites. I had a pearl Nissan 350Z and it's at certain times of the day (late afternoon particularly) that it really looks awesome. It looks different at different times of the day.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2013, 17:45 »
Great reading, thanks for that, stunning pics too, really want the white GTi now lol....
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2013, 18:47 »
I have had a black MK2 a black MK4 a red MK5 a red MK6, looks like a black MK7 is on the cards  :laugh:

Need some nice pics of the three door  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(