Author Topic: Keyless entry  (Read 10751 times)

Offline AlanH

• I live here
Re: Keyless entry
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2013, 17:30 »
One thing still confuses me after watching the YouTube video. To lock the car, you have to touch the "dimple"? So how does the car not simply unlock again if you're still standing in close proximity? Or does it recognise that as you walk away, the key fob moves out of range and then the lock engages. If that's the case, what's the range?
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2013, 17:45 »
One thing still confuses me after watching the YouTube video. To lock the car, you have to touch the "dimple"? So how does the car not simply unlock again if you're still standing in close proximity? Or does it recognise that as you walk away, the key fob moves out of range and then the lock engages. If that's the case, what's the range?

According to the link Jimble posted -- VW say its 1.5 meters away.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2013, 17:49 »
Thanks. That makes sense.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2013, 18:45 »
The car doesn't unlock/lock automatically depending on how close you are, it requires an interaction, ie it only unlocks when the key is in range AND you put your hand on/in the handle and only locks when you touch the dimple or press the button on the key, if it was completely 'hands free' and locked as you walk away i don't think trust it as much!   :undecided:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2013, 18:49 »
Agreed - the operation you describe makes much more sense. I'm looking forward to experiencing the dimple  :wink:

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2013, 19:47 »
It does look pretty cool - I have already removed Winter Pack from my car, so I am thinking also that this would be nice to have on the car, get daily usage etc.

Just thinking of those times when you have your hands full of bags and you have to put them all down to get your key out - this option is genuinely beneficial.

Will see if I can add it on tomorrow - think dealer is getting peeved with me keep adding and removing options though.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 21 April 2013, 22:15 »
It's your car not theirs, so get it how you want it and stuff the dealer  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2013, 07:59 »
One more question please. With the keyless system and the start / Stop button being quite prominent on the centre console (near the flap for the media in socket), is it possible when driving for example, if someone (or something) accidentally gets dropped on the switch whilst driving, does the engine cut out or is the system smart enough to kill the switch function whilst the car is moving to prevent a possible accident ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 22 April 2013, 08:01 »
Or worse still, a careless passenger assumes the button controls music playback!

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 22 April 2013, 08:37 »
I would assume the start/stop button is disabled when the car is in motion. I don't think you can switch off the normal key ignition unless stationary either, but I've never tried though!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.