Author Topic: New information on the VW Website.  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
New information on the VW Website.
« on: 18 April 2013, 09:53 »
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I've just been browsing the VW website to see if the mythical GTI/GTD brochure is available yet (no it's not), and noticed under the "explore" banner at the top, more technical details are available which I'm pretty sure were not there before. Bits that caught my eye were:

Colour Combination animated display and needle sweep - Switching on the ignition you will see the coloured red Rev counter and Speedometer sweep round the dials.

New "Sport" ESP - Sport ESP lets you have a little more fun than standard ESP, giving you more control of your car and allowing a more sporty driving style before intervening.

Bi Xenon Headlights with Dynamic Cornering - Bi-Xenon headlights have a dynamic cornering feature that improves illumination of corners by up to 90%. It enables the headlights to swivel by up to 15° so the beam can follow the angle of your steering wheel.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: New information on the VW Website.
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2013, 10:10 »
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I've just been browsing the VW website to see if the mythical GTI/GTD brochure is available yet (no it's not), and noticed under the "explore" banner at the top, more technical details are available which I'm pretty sure were not there before. Bits that caught my eye were:

Colour Combination animated display and needle sweep - Switching on the ignition you will see the coloured red Rev counter and Speedometer sweep round the dials.

New "Sport" ESP - Sport ESP lets you have a little more fun than standard ESP, giving you more control of your car and allowing a more sporty driving style before intervening.

Bi Xenon Headlights with Dynamic Cornering - Bi-Xenon headlights have a dynamic cornering feature that improves illumination of corners by up to 90%. It enables the headlights to swivel by up to 15° so the beam can follow the angle of your steering wheel.

Good spot. This is all 100% new on the website. Me thinks it will be lifted from the new brochure (whenever that arrives). However the copy is orientated towards the GTI and not the GTD? Are we to assume that the copy is written for both but is biased towards the GTI?

Is 'Driver Profile' now part of standard kit - five driving modes - normal, comfortable, sporty, individual or eco style? If so it sounds similar to ACC which is nearly £800 quid!

Is needle sweep just for GTI? It doesn't say it's for GTD :angry:

They also mention Adaptive Cruise Control and not ADC. Is UK spec getting something different? In the 1 April price list it defo says we get ADC.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 10:34 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Jthgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2013, 10:14 »
Brochure (for the gti) appears to be up on the mobile site but not the desktop version:

http://cdn.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/brochures/golf-gti-vii-brochure.pdf

Enjoy!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2013, 11:25 »
Is 'Driver Profile' now part of standard kit - five driving modes - normal, comfortable, sporty, individual or eco style? If so it sounds similar to ACC which is nearly £800 quid!
Those driving modes (from what I understand) impact throttle and steering response, as well as a few other drive-assists.  However, the suspension profile is fixed.  With ACC, the suspension is constantly adjusting itself regardless of driving mode to give optimal road handling for the chosen mode.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Jules Winfield

« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2013, 11:50 »
You still have to read that brochure in combination with the normal Golf one if you want information about options - I remember doing the same back when I was researching Mark VI GTDs and options.  And it's dated 26 March 2013 (on the back) - did they forget to add it to the web site?

I wonder if the "Bi Xenons with dynamic cornering" means that you don't get separate turning lights, like the fogs on the Mark VI?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2013, 15:16 »
There's one less thing to code in with VCDS there then with the needle sweep  :whistle:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2013, 18:39 »
You still have to read that brochure in combination with the normal Golf one if you want information about options - I remember doing the same back when I was researching Mark VI GTDs and options.  And it's dated 26 March 2013 (on the back) - did they forget to add it to the web site?

I wonder if the "Bi Xenons with dynamic cornering" means that you don't get separate turning lights, like the fogs on the Mark VI?
The 1st picture in the brochure seems to show the car with a 3 light headlamp cluster, then the rest show it as having a 2 lamp cluster.  My guess would be the 2 lamp cluster is correct, given it's got the bi-xenon dynamic cornering.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2013, 19:03 »
The static cornering lights are for when turning at junctions to light whichever way your turning, the dynamic curve lights swivel the main xenon beam by using flaps in the housing to point the light round curves not corners, so it'll have both.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2013, 20:32 »
Another thing i've just noticed is it only has a 50 ltr tank as opposed to the mk6's 55 ltr.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2013, 21:14 »
Another thing i've just noticed is it only has a 50 ltr tank as opposed to the mk6's 55 ltr.

Weight saving.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.