Author Topic: Interesting bit of information on the Discover Nav Pro  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Hi all, I signed up for a day pass to the VW Erwin site and downloaded as much material as possible on the MK7 Golf. One thing that caught my eye was in the Self Study Manual SSP518 - "The Infotainment System in the MK7 Golf Part 1", when looking up the details on the Discover Nav pro, under features it states:

Dolby Surround/multichannel capability

Wonder if this means that if we play a DVD movie in the car, we get full 5.1 surround sound (like in the new Audi A3 with the B&O system) ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Interesting bit of information on the Discover Nav Pro
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2013, 15:12 »
You can watch DVD's on it, you could do it with the RNS 510 as well, i'm not sure about the fancy dolby though?? :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2013, 16:52 »
Dolby Surround/multichannel capability

Wonder if this means that if we play a DVD movie in the car, we get full 5.1 surround sound (like in the new Audi A3 with the B&O system) ?

Probably as the Audi A1 which has been out a few years can do 5.1 surround with the right options.
Its awesome in the car  :laugh:

Makes waiting on the wife while she is away shopping, and keeping an eye on the car at the same time, a pleasure!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2013, 11:09 »
I stopped buying DVDs and switched to blu ray.

Damn.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2013, 11:18 »
I stopped buying DVDs and switched to blu ray.

Damn.

Yep, it does seem interesting that a new nav system in 2013 would not be a blu ray player (and therefore have the ability to play both) - dvd's went out in the dark age!  :laugh: :wink:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....