Author Topic: Leather or Tartan seats?  (Read 22251 times)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
Re: Leather or Tartan seats?
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2013, 11:52 »
Thanks guys for all the responses. Much appreciated. Seems like cloth it is then  :wink:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2013, 14:20 »
And another thing about the leather - in the mk6 you get contrast stitching on the steering wheel and gear knob but the seats are just plain black.
In the Scirocco R Line you get a bit of contrast stitching and it livens it up no end.

I don't dislike the leather, in fact I quite like it but I wouldn't pay £1700 for it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2013, 14:26 »
Similar to a previous post, I have a Scirocco and ave always regretted not getting leather.

Nobody has mentioed that it is wipe clean! pmsl
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2013, 14:29 »
And another thing about the leather - in the mk6 you get contrast stitching on the steering wheel and gear knob but the seats are just plain black.
In the Scirocco R Line you get a bit of contrast stitching and it livens it up no end.

I don't dislike the leather, in fact I quite like it but I wouldn't pay £1700 for it.

I think the Mk7 leather does have red stitching. I've seen it in the photos, I'm 99% sure.

The best compromise is the half-leather / alcantara trim, which I have ordered... but for some reason you guys in the UK cannot spec this.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2013, 14:52 »
^^^ thanks for rubbing it in!!  :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2013, 14:56 »

I think the Mk7 leather does have red stitching. I've seen it in the photos, I'm 99% sure.

The Mark VII GTI does indeed have red stitching if you specify leather :

http://www.ausmotive.com/pics/2012/VW-Golf-VII-GTI-Paris-11.jpg

VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2013, 15:09 »
Aye, that's fine for the petrol heads, but what about us oil burners - do we get contrasting stitching (even if it's white) ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2013, 15:12 »
I think it's grey stitching for GTD.

To the comment about leather being wipe-clean, I can't say I've ever had any problem with my scotch-guarded MkV cloth interior!  It has worn the years well, and still looks good to this day!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2013, 15:20 »

The Mark VII GTI does indeed have red stitching if you specify leather :

http://www.ausmotive.com/pics/2012/VW-Golf-VII-GTI-Paris-11.jpg

Hmm... interesting. Thanks for the picture. It does make it look better.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2013, 15:23 »
£1,700 worth of better though?!  :shocked:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....