Author Topic: GTI / GTD - Things not yet discussed  (Read 7190 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
GTI / GTD - Things not yet discussed
« on: 17 April 2013, 15:53 »
Couple of things from the little information we have on the VW price list (dated 1st April) that I wonder if anyone has any information on are:

2 Remote GTD / GTI Folding keys - wonder how these are different to the standard keys - maybe logo branding ?

Anti Tramp Function - I guess this is to stop wheel hop - would it just be revised mountings for the gearbox / engine ?

Also disappointed to discover that what I thought were going to be door lights (in the lower door edges) as described in the earlier MK7 brochures and price lists, have now been changed to just reflectors only. I have to say I did this mod to my current Scirocco (as the door modules fully supported door warning lights), but wonder if it's possible on the MK7 ? Such a shame this penny pinching, as I was also considering an Audi A3 sportback, and I have to say the red warning lights with the lower white puddle lights in the doors looks very classy, and in the case of my Rocco, certainly gives excellent visibility of an open door at night.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2013, 15:55 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Belix

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI / GTD - Things not yet discussed
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2013, 20:44 »
Yeah, sigh - first must do mk7 mod then.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2013, 22:54 »
Do they mean anti trap?

(Safety feature on electric windows)
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2013, 22:58 »
Recognises when the wheels may be about to lose traction with the road surface under acceleration and intervenes to stop this happening.

Overview
The anti-tramp function recognises when the wheels may be about to lose traction with the road and intervenes to stop this happening.

Under hard acceleration the wheels sometimes bounce up and down, temporarily losing grip with the road surface. This is called 'tramping' and it can lead to the ESP system cutting engine power and slowing the car down.

The anti-tramp function ensures full traction, so speed is maintained.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2013, 23:09 »
Recognises when the wheels may be about to lose traction with the road surface under acceleration and intervenes to stop this happening.

Overview
The anti-tramp function recognises when the wheels may be about to lose traction with the road and intervenes to stop this happening.

Under hard acceleration the wheels sometimes bounce up and down, temporarily losing grip with the road surface. This is called 'tramping' and it can lead to the ESP system cutting engine power and slowing the car down.

Is this new to the Mk 7 or have previous GTI/GTD's had it too?

I suffer quite badly with this on my Scirroco. Just can't quite get all the power down which is mega annoying especially when you're on a flyer at the lights :laugh:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2013, 23:17 »
 :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: Thanks.

Overview

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2013, 04:34 »
I wonder if the 'anti tramp' is an electronic tweak of the traction control or whether it has a modified bush like the popular modification on mk4/5/6 Golfs.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2013, 04:22 »
Looking at the anti-tramp stuff in the VW blurb, it's electronic so will be tied in with the ESP etc. Probably just quickly apply a brake to a wheel that's struggling to put the torque down rather than cut engine power.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner