Author Topic: DAB Radio Stations Logos  (Read 8720 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
DAB Radio Stations Logos
« on: 17 April 2013, 13:56 »
Not sure if this has been posted before, or if anyone knows how to do this - but on this thread you'll find a zipped file that contains the logos for the DAB radio stations - so that instead of just saying 'Radio 1' for example on the screen, you can have it so that it shows the 'Radio 1' logo as well.  Which adds some colour to the screen but also, I think, is really cool!  Don't ask me how to do it though (load onto the SD card then do what??)

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255

This thread shows a picture of the screen on the chap's car - very cool!

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
Re: DAB Radio Stations Logos
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2013, 19:12 »
That's really cool! I'll need to get someone to explain really slowly and really simply how to do that :D

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2013, 19:27 »
That's really cool! I'll need to get someone to explain really slowly and really simply how to do that :D

Me too!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2013, 05:07 »

Me too!  :grin:

PHEW! Glad it's not just me!

We need a DIY section in here with idiots guides.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2013, 19:42 »
I've got the DAB option in my Scirocco, hardly ever used it though, it is not only unintuitive, but also nigh on useless!

Around the Surrey area the reception is so poor that it ALWAYS reverts back to FM.

Anyone else have similar experience? Wonder if DAB on the MK7 Golf will be much improved?

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2013, 20:28 »
I've got the DAB option in my Scirocco, hardly ever used it though, it is not only unintuitive, but also nigh on useless!

Around the Surrey area the reception is so poor that it ALWAYS reverts back to FM.

Anyone else have similar experience? Wonder if DAB on the MK7 Golf will be much improved?

I have DAB on my scirocco and have signal in reading and most other places 99% of the time. I couldn't go back to a car without.  You may need to retune your radio (Sorry for stating the obvious if its just bad local signal!)
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2013, 21:00 »
My first Scorocco was the first car I had with DAB and back then the signal was pretty poor.  It's completely different now and I rarely have a problem getting a DAB signal.  I suppose it's down to where you live, but since the digital switchover I would have thought most places will be okay.