Author Topic: Colour screen, yay or ney  (Read 12187 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Colour screen, yay or ney
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2013, 16:39 »
Just had it confirmed that the 'Multifunction colour display' is definitely 100% standard on the GTD.

I know Gryzor has confirmed this for the GTI but I thought I'd add it for the people who've ordered the GTD.

Gaz

Can I ask who you confirmed this with? Per VW website, price list & iPad app it is still showing as an option and not standard (only checked GTI though!)  :undecided:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2013, 16:52 »
Just had it confirmed that the 'Multifunction colour display' is definitely 100% standard on the GTD.

I know Gryzor has confirmed this for the GTI but I thought I'd add it for the people who've ordered the GTD.

Gaz

Can I ask who you confirmed this with? Per VW website, price list & iPad app it is still showing as an option and not standard (only checked GTI though!)  :undecided:

Matchboy:
Had it confirmed through my VW dealer in Wigan, Corkills. They're now deducting £135 from my final bill so it has to be true ;-)

Ignore VW website Configurator, it's out if date.

Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: 16 April 2013, 16:55 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2013, 18:03 »
Excellent, thanks! £135 off my bill too then!!  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2013, 07:50 »
When I went into my dealer yesterday to order the GTD, as I know them well, I was looking at his electronic order screen whilst he was adding the options. Under GTI / GTD, the Colour (or Premium as it's known) MFD wasn't an option able to be selected, so we took from that that everyone on here is right, and VW and their publishers are wrong (what a surprise).

Interestingly, if you look at the Irish GTI/GTD information download, it does say under "Functional Equipment"

Multi-function display "Premium" incl. trip computer w/ energy efficiency display

And those poor buggers in Ireland seem to have had most of the other goodies (Xenon s, 18" Alloys, Climate etc) consigned to the options list, so I think it's probably pretty safe to say it comes as standard.

Just wish VW would get their information right, as whilst I know we are right (I hope), it just worries me that the car might not come with the colour MFD and I really want it  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2013, 08:50 »
When I went into my dealer yesterday to order the GTD, as I know them well, I was looking at his electronic order screen whilst he was adding the options. Under GTI / GTD, the Colour (or Premium as it's known) MFD wasn't an option able to be selected, so we took from that that everyone on here is right, and VW and their publishers are wrong (what a surprise).

Interestingly, if you look at the Irish GTI/GTD information download, it does say under "Functional Equipment"

Multi-function display "Premium" incl. trip computer w/ energy efficiency display

And those poor buggers in Ireland seem to have had most of the other goodies (Xenon s, 18" Alloys, Climate etc) consigned to the options list, so I think it's probably pretty safe to say it comes as standard.

Just wish VW would get their information right, as whilst I know we are right (I hope), it just worries me that the car might not come with the colour MFD and I really want it  :grin:

I feel exactly the same, we've all been told over and over that it's standard but until it disappears from the configurator and appears in print i'm still not 100%. :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2013, 08:57 »
I've asked VW UK for clarification on this; last time I asked they told me it was an option (so contrary to what you guys have been told) - and as per above, until it disappears off the option list and onto the standard list I'm not believing it.  I'll let you know what they say when they come back to me - fingers crossed.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 19 April 2013, 11:14 »
But that's the point boys, the GTD (at least in my case) isn't even able to be specced with Premium (or colour) MFD on the VW electronic order screen - it just isn't there as an option for a dealer to tick ! We checked 5 times in every category and couldn't find it anywhere.

So if you can't spec it at order time on VAG's own ordering system, there's only 2 conclusions - 1) it's standard therefore you can't order it or 2) it's not available for the GTI / GTD models at all (which I can't believe) ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 19 April 2013, 12:21 »
Saw my dealer this morning - he also tells me that as far as they've been told the colour display is now standard on the GTI. I've left it on my order just in case however! I think the confusion arises with VW being p1ss poor at updating their website!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 19 April 2013, 14:24 »
Well good and bad news.

Spoke directly to VW this morning and after checking with the sales department, the chap came back and said yes 100% the colour MFD is included as standard with the GTI / GTD models (optional on all other models).

However, he also said that the Dynaudio option (which I've also ordered), doesn't come with a sub in the boot as specified on the Dynaudio website ?

http://www.dynaudio.com/int/blog.php#16

What the bloody hell's going on. Why when a company designs a sound system based around a sub woofer, does VW see fit to remove it ?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 19 April 2013, 14:28 »
Dynaudio isn't advertised as having a sub is it? That's the plug and play system??
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂