Author Topic: Colour screen, yay or ney  (Read 12176 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Colour screen, yay or nay
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2013, 09:45 »
OK, I just called UK Customer Services, who in turn have just called sales for me.  I can confirm that based on what they said, the Colour MFD is standard on the GTI, and optional on the GT spec down.

I'm going into my dealer to finalise the finance to today, so will confirm for sure with them then and see whether or not I need to keep it on the order.

Update: OK, just got back from finalising the numbers, and we have decided to just leave the option selected.  If it's not standard, the current price will stand.  If it is, I'll just get £135 deducted.  Simples!
« Last Edit: 09 April 2013, 13:35 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2013, 14:20 »
My dealer tells me that the issue came when he actually tried to put the order through and their system wouldn't let him put the colour screen on the order.  :huh:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2013, 14:37 »
I'll let you know later today as the order is actually being put through this afternoon as I managed to negotiate a half-price extra (park assist) and I increased my personal contribution relative to when I first shook on the deal.

I'll be getting the order mailed through to me, and when I do, I'll let you know what's on it! :smiley:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2013, 16:00 »
I cannot find a single document or notification supporting the fact that you get the colour mfd for free so make sure you have it on the order at a cost of £135.00

Lee

Thanks Lee for posting this...as said in my PM :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2013, 17:37 »
OK, we can lay this one to rest.  My order has been placed, and confirmed that the colour display for the multifunction computer is standard on the GTI (so I assume on the GTD as well)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2013, 13:52 »
I don't have a colour MFD in my Scirocco, having never seen one I am not in a position to judge.

But what is the perceived advantage of having a colour MFD? other than of course, it being in colour :)

Presume the function is exactly the same?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2013, 14:01 »
I don't have a colour MFD in my Scirocco, having never seen one I am not in a position to judge.

But what is the perceived advantage of having a colour MFD? other than of course, it being in colour :)

no difference other than its in colour therefore its cool  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2013, 14:18 »

no difference other than its in colour therefore its cool  :cool:

The colour one is more animated and basically just nicer to look at!  :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2013, 14:23 »
I like the idea of animation, but I am trying to keep options to a minimum.  I hate options!

I've just changed the order to have park assist as GF will be insured on the car, as she has literally ended up hysterical trying to park my Scirocco and damaged the wheels, then she goes off on a rant about how sh!t life is.

So - for the sake of my own nerves, I have added it.  But the colour screen animation is not enough to qualify!

It's crap that the Golf does not have Adaptive Chassis as standard like the Scirocco, not that I really ever use that feature.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: Colour screen, yay or ney
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2013, 16:26 »
Just had it confirmed that the 'Multifunction colour display' is definitely 100% standard on the GTD.

I know Gryzor has confirmed this for the GTI but I thought I'd add it for the people who've ordered the GTD.

Gaz
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR