Author Topic: Colour screen, yay or ney  (Read 12185 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Colour screen, yay or ney
« on: 08 April 2013, 15:07 »
I cannot find a single document or notification supporting the fact that you get the colour mfd for free so make sure you have it on the order at a cost of £135.00

Lee
« Last Edit: 11 April 2013, 18:16 by Jimble »
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Colour screen, yay or nay
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2013, 15:14 »
I cannot find a single document or notification supporting the fact that you get the colour mfd for free so make sure you have it on the order at a cost of £135.00

Lee

Same, and I was told by the sales guy yesterday that it wasn't standard.  It's on my order and staying there, only to be questioned if required at the point of paying for the car.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2013, 15:35 »
I have just been onto Sli to mock order a car and it doesnt give the Colour mfd as an option........

So I guess we will wait till we get an email saying yes it is standard before I put my balls on the line and says it is.
Sales Manager

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2013, 16:45 »
I have just been onto Sli to mock order a car and it doesnt give the Colour mfd as an option........

So I guess we will wait till we get an email saying yes it is standard before I put my balls on the line and says it is.

My dealer was told by VWUK it was standard when i tried to order it over a week ago we will have to wait and see.To be fair its been a pretty poor launch the configurator has changed three times and the price has gone up. :undecided:

P.S i can live with out it if it turns up with out it,dealer says they will knock the cost off the price if it turns up with no colour display or ADC,so not fussed
« Last Edit: 08 April 2013, 16:49 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2013, 18:35 »
Pulman's website have VW price increases across the model ranges from May 1st in a "beat the price rise" headline, Maybe Evo1986 can confirm this - time for the stragglers to get their order in if the GTI/GTD aren't immune. Looks like deposit contributions (£1000) from VW have just come in for the standard Golf range, but no mention of it for GTD/GTI.
My dealer is confident the colour MFD is going to be standard for around the time I get mine.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2013, 19:20 »
Pulman's website have VW price increases across the model ranges from May 1st in a "beat the price rise" headline, Maybe Evo1986 can confirm this

He's already stated that in an earlier post so looks like its happening!

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=251095.msg2304057#msg2304057

Price increase of 1% across the entire model range and factory fitted options comes into force on the 1st of May.......
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2013, 19:20 »
Pulman's website have VW price increases across the model ranges from May 1st in a "beat the price rise" headline, Maybe Evo1986 can confirm this - time for the stragglers to get their order in if the GTI/GTD aren't immune. Looks like deposit contributions (£1000) from VW have just come in for the standard Golf range, but no mention of it for GTD/GTI.
My dealer is confident the colour MFD is going to be standard for around the time I get mine.

Yes 1st of May everything as far as I can remember is going up by 1%. £1000 deposit contribution is on golf cabriolet only. £500 deposit contribution on mk7 hatch but not on GTI/GTD versions!
Sales Manager

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2013, 20:38 »

Yes 1st of May everything as far as I can remember is going up by 1%. £1000 deposit contribution is on golf cabriolet only. £500 deposit contribution on mk7 hatch but not on GTI/GTD versions!
[/quote]

This is correct per my experience when ordering today. £500 dealer contribution does not apply to the GTI/GTD, however this 'deal' is replaced by finance at 6.4%, which is pretty decent.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Squit

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2013, 08:33 »

This is correct per my experience when ordering today. £500 dealer contribution does not apply to the GTI/GTD, however this 'deal' is replaced by finance at 6.4%, which is pretty decent.

6.4% is not great at the moment. You can get a bank loan for as low as 5.1%. Also, for comparison, BMW PCP is 5.9%.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2013, 09:29 »
Yes but the hoops you have to jump through these days to get a loan, particularly of that size, I'd rather pay the extra 1% for the ease factor.  Personal choice of course!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....