Author Topic: What have you noticed about the mk7?  (Read 5064 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
What have you noticed about the mk7?
« on: 02 April 2013, 22:11 »
When Lee (Evo1986) let me have a look at the Cheltenham branches GT 150TDI.  The few things I noticed were:

Under the boot carpet the floor of the car is carpeted (obviously covering the fact they can't be bothered to paint it a lazy mk6 thing).
The boot badge sticks out a lot as there is crease along the boot right at the top of the badge.
There is quite a nice crease along the roof line, which is angular rather than round from front to back on the side.
The outside door handles have nice creases in them.
The blue colour was quite nice.
General interior feel was good.
Inside the glove box there was a CD player with two SD card slots, the nav system complained there was no disc. So I can only assume it will only work with the disc in the CD player. This obviously makes the glove box smaller.
Windows are back in the position of the mk5 flat in the door.
Along with the mirror and door lock switch back to the vertical on the door panel.
I have to admit the steering wheel controls looked overwhelming the amount of them.

I didn't take it out was too late in the day. I think Lee was wanting to go home.

Otherwise it looked similar to the mk6, in touch and feel i.e. dash board was as spongy like the mk6 with harder bits below at the knee line, centre console e.t.c
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Andy B

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you noticed about the mk7?
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2013, 18:21 »
In addition to the comments I made on the 105hp thread, I forgot to mention the most miniscule new feature: that there's a temperature control in the glovebox so you don't have to have it chilled if you don't want.

Offline carotino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2013, 18:27 »
The CD player's in the glovebox?

Is this right?

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2013, 18:46 »
There's definitely a disc slot in there maybe just for the Nav system. On a GT model anyway. It also looked like there was a disc slot under the screen too.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2013, 22:31 »
I noticed something else the other day, when a mk7 was turning a corner its DRL turned off so you could see the indicator easier in the headlight.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2013, 22:42 »
There's definitely a disc slot in there maybe just for the Nav system. On a GT model anyway. It also looked like there was a disc slot under the screen too.

Nah, the black strip is the infra red sensor for the proximity sensor (move your hand near the unit and the menus pop up). The CD or DVD unit is deffo in the glovebox. Actually there's not too much behind the touch screen, with most of the electronics etc being built into that unit in the glovebox.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline carotino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2013, 00:23 »
No cd autochanger.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2013, 08:58 »
No cd autochanger.
Aye, and for a very good reason!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 16 April 2013, 09:04 »
I noticed something else the other day, when a mk7 was turning a corner its DRL turned off so you could see the indicator easier in the headlight.

The Audis have been doing this for ages, but I think theirs just go dimmer?

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 April 2013, 09:09 »
They go dimmer on the MK6 with the LED Xenons, or maybe that's just mine because I coded it that when when I fitted them  :evil:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(