Author Topic: blighty - '87 16v  (Read 2944 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
blighty - '87 16v
« on: 31 March 2009, 12:34 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline blighty

• Not said much yet
Re: blighty - '87 16v
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2009, 12:47 »
right, so our new car... its an early mk2 golf gti 16v needs few bits doing to it, like seats (common problem on drivers seat) and the drivers door is pretty rotten right along the bottom. other than that plans are to realign the gears (5th is a bit stiff to get in once driving), get some 40 or 60mm lowering springs on it, and tidy it up a bit, and i have thought about giving it a few coats of matt black to replace the grey and respray the centres of the alloys in a tango orange sort of colour but not 100% sure on that yet.

and heres what i wouldnt mind doing to it (but matt black, not gloss)...

first im going to try and polish up the alloy rims though to try and tidy things up, and make them look a little smarter. never done anything like this before, so not sure how well they will look  :grin:

Offline blighty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2009, 23:07 »
well, things didnt go as planned with the wheels, drivers window motor was playing up, so went to the scrappy and got myself a door (allbeit it has few small dents, but its solid!) and swapped them over, what a right pain in the arse that was. just got to level the door up when its dry (hopefully tomorrow) and THEN i can crack on with the wheels... hopefully :lol:

Offline blighty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2009, 18:18 »
right, update ahoy.

still havent done my alloy lips  :embarassed: will do soon, i hope lol.
still got to level the door up too.
ordered my new amp wiring kit and got myself a ported box designed so need to get the wood etc for that and then crack on with a few jobs on the golf and make the box and install  it all and it will be getting where i want it to be slowly :)