Author Topic: VW Cock-up (advice needed please)  (Read 13488 times)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: VW Cock-up (advice needed please)
« Reply #10 on: 05 June 2013, 16:46 »
Total balls up! Tell them ya want the 19" wheel upgrade as compensation!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 June 2013, 17:10 »
They probably never ordered your car when you expected it to be ordered as they didn't have allocations, and so VW UK will have not idea. And literally they ordered it when your slot came up in the allocations list.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 June 2013, 17:26 »
They probably never ordered your car when you expected it to be ordered as they didn't have allocations, and so VW UK will have not idea. And literally they ordered it when your slot came up in the allocations list.

What he said only the complaint triggered you to rise up the dealers own slot waiting list.

From what I can understand you never can trust a salesman when he says they have a slot available.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #13 on: 05 June 2013, 17:41 »

What he said only the complaint triggered you to rise up the dealers own slot waiting list.

From what I can understand you never can trust a salesman when he says they have a slot available.

5-O, did the dealer send you a screenshot or anything of your order to show it had actually been placed?

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 05 June 2013, 17:50 »
Lol not surprised
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 June 2013, 19:52 »

I think there could be a lot of truth to this.

I ordered early May,  a week later I emailed requesting my tracking number, which wasn't recognised by the tracker till a day later.  This left me thinking has the order only just now been placed because I requested the tracking number?

All conjecture of course.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2013, 19:52 »
Call me a cynic but I'm always very dubious when I read things like this.
You order the car and get X amount of discount. Deal done, just wait on the car.
Joe Suit comes in a few weeks later, wants to add every extra under the sun but wants it ASAP so is prepared to forego any discount and is willing to add GAP, tyre insurance etc.
What is to stop the salesman just altering another customers order to suit someone else? Especially since the orders can still be amended at this stage?
If it is given a new order number would the original customer be able to track it down?

Can orders just go a miss? If its all computer automated, I presume the dealer submits the order and then gets confirmation or some input from VW themselves. Would it not be highlighted at this point if there was a problem?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2013, 20:12 »
Thanks for your support folks. It's helping me write my letter of complaint this evening.

It's going to be addressed to my sales manager and the MD of the dealership (did some detective work to find their name today)

I'm asking for three things:

A thorough explanation of how they've cocked up
Admit fault
Compensation or bring the build week forward

I've told them that if they don't respond satisfactorily to any if the above I'm threatening to cancel my order. Period!

I'll let you know how this depression saga pans out.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2013, 21:11 »
Thanks for your support folks. It's helping me write my letter of complaint this evening.

It's going to be addressed to my sales manager and the MD of the dealership (did some detective work to find their name today)

I'm asking for three things:

A thorough explanation of how they've cocked up
Admit fault
Compensation or bring the build week forward

I've told them that if they don't respond satisfactorily to any if the above I'm threatening to cancel my order. Period!

I'll let you know how this depression saga pans out.

Sounds to me like they have cocked up. Poorly written response too.

Speak to the MD and raise your concerns. It is in his interest to he things right.

Pretty shoddy and you have every right to grab them by the short and curlies.
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2013, 08:12 »
I always struggle with those types of letters, you want to be both polite and judge dredd all at the same time.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.