Author Topic: Surely the .:R lives on...  (Read 8392 times)

TeddyKGB

Re: Surely the .:R lives on...
« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2009, 20:03 »
It's unusual that the Audi big brother would allow VW to build such a car - although in these unusual economic times it makes sense for VAG to allow the 2 to really compete! :shocked:

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2009, 20:23 »
mpg is route for Golf
bye bye big old engines, hello new technology

Or bye bye VW
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2009, 22:56 »
its a real shame, the sound of the dub v6 was very very nice indeed. The turbo cars of today dont have the soul of the v6
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2009, 18:41 »
its a real shame, the sound of the dub v6 was very very nice indeed. The turbo cars of today dont have the soul of the v6

A weak engine though.  We had a VR6 (cost £2500) with a nice loud exhaust.  It did sound very good but broke within a year.  Something small and cheap in the valve timing run gave way and wrote off the engine (and car). 

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2009, 21:24 »
the vr i had was quite high millage, 120k i think when i picked it up, i ran it hard for 12k miles and sold it on, didnt miss a beat and still felt like a near new lump.  :undecided: maybe you had a bad-un
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2009, 23:09 »
Just one that was never serviced.  (Owned by 20 year old member of family)

He was too busy attracting girls with the exhaust rasp to bother booking it into a garage.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2009, 14:09 »
^^ not good lol the one i owned had a full service history and seemed well looked after. Never got round to changing the standard exhaust  :undecided:

Jkctr

« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2009, 20:31 »

A weak engine though.  We had a VR6 (cost £2500) with a nice loud exhaust.  It did sound very good but broke within a year.  Something small and cheap in the valve timing run gave way and wrote off the engine (and car). 

The newer VR6's are not weak, any 10 year old engine in a car that only cost £2500 is not going to be very strong. The mk4 R32 boys are well into the 120,000+ mile mark with no troubles.