Author Topic: Innovative ideas  (Read 1314 times)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Innovative ideas
« on: 29 April 2004, 15:43 »
After setting the car down on the new coilovers, I was left with a problem of getting the chin spoiler over any speed bump I may run into, when travelling away.
Easy solution was to make a removable chin spolier. This was done by fashioning some brackets, and obtaining some anodised DZUS clips (motorbike fairing style) - I can now remove the chin spoiler in a matter of seconds, and put it back on just as quickly.
Just wondered if any one else has come across a problem and founf a decent solution, when styling their cars.
Ads
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re:Innovative ideas
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2004, 17:25 »
jv pictures the scene.....

so you come towards a speedbump, slam on the anchors, jump out, slide across the bonnet dukes of hazzard style, whip off the spoiler, chuck it on the passenger seat, jump back in through the window, over speedbump, back out and put it all back together again. cruise off only to see another speedbump in the distance...

;D
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Blue MK2

« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2004, 17:36 »
or you could get air ride suspension for ?1500 fitted  ::) 8)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2004, 18:58 »
lol - coould just imagine stopping every 100 yards to take the car apart....
I'm pretty lucky that there are no speed bumps where I live, but when I have to venture back down south, it would be a nightmare, having done 500 miles then have to turn back 'cos I cant get up the access road to the VW Action site!! :'(
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2004, 23:50 »
both wheels are up in my arches and still it's not low enough to hit the ground  >:( dam 17's!
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Fielder5757

« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2004, 23:53 »
My front lip WAS on butterfly clips, All i had to do was unscrew the 4 clips and take it off.

However, the clips did sit about half an inch lower than the lip and look a little gay, While rallying down some country lanes i caught air and nose dived, The lips ok, a little scratched under it, But the clips got bent and scrapped, So it looks like im going back to normal nuts.

Ive got 3 inches of clearence anyway so its not too bad for me ;)
« Last Edit: 29 April 2004, 23:53 by Fielder5757 »