Author Topic: Help with BBS/Keskin/Borbet Wheel Sizes and fitments! + General MkII GTI Advice  (Read 1776 times)

Offline g0ldf1sh

• GTI forum regular
Hi all, <new member here>

Would like some info from the people who know if thats ok!

I have a MkII Golf GTI Valver, not had it long but am already doing things to improve its looks.  It leaks sometimes when it rains not sure where from though at the moment will investigate asap.  Any ideas?  I think it "drips" from the sunroof lightly but most is in the footwells, maybe door seals are not 100% right??

I would also like advice on fitting G60 arches as i think they are fitting with the kind of look i'm going for.  Is there anything i need to do before fitting them and then fitting the Wheels.  Possibly 9J X 16 Keskin/Borbet A.  But could also be the standard size BBS RS001 Split rim design ones in 6.5J X 15.

I think i'll need arch work if i want 9J all round.  The standard BBS should just pop on i think!  

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks in advance

Gavin
Nehmen Sie Keinen Ersatz an

Offline g0ldf1sh

• GTI forum regular

Offline g0ldf1sh

• GTI forum regular
Come on guys help me out here!  Don't know who else to ask!

Does anyone know anything about the above wheels etc???

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Welcome to the site, sorry you havent had much luck by way of a response - must al be asleep.
They look like the same fitment I had for my cab a while back, and mk1 and 2 wheels fit each other without a problem- the 4 stud 100 is the right size, and I think you will be ok with an ET25 as they are only 7x16 so should not come anywhere near fouling the bodywork or mechanicals.
I wouldnt fit tyres any wider than 205 X section with a 7 inch rim though.

Ads
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline GavG60

• Here all the time
  • keep my credit cards away from me please :-(
Hello mate, welcome!

I have a mk2 16v and had similar water problems in the footwells. turned out there was a blocked drain in the run off under the bonnet next to the ecu and offside wiper arm (think that's what it's called) on the drivers side. all the water was overflowing and coming down through the drivers footwell when it rained. worth a check....

Gav

Offline g0ldf1sh

• GTI forum regular
Hey all!  ;D

Thanks for the replies.  Thought all the members were asleep there for a minute! lol.

It's kinda confirmed what i thought.  I was worried about putting 9J on the golf but have decided to go for it anyway.  I'll do some mods on the arches and maybe cut away most of them and have a bodyshop bond the G60's on instead of trying to bolt/rivet.  

Theres this really nice chap over on GolfGTI club forum and he's got 9J all round which is what i want.  You just cant beat the decked, deep dish, cleaned up euro type look.  Its all money though isn't it.

Already done a few mods like crystal front, m3 rears, crystal indicators front/side etc.  Netx its wheels and a rallye front end as i think it looks meaner.  Then FK coilovers and some fresh paint.  Should be finished then apart from the seats - Recaro Edition 1 G60 hopefully if i can find some lol.

What are your thoughts on the above??

Thanks again!

Gavin

Blue MK2

i think some 9" wide rims can be tucked under the mk2. Ive seen some 9" porsche rims sit nicely on the rears