Author Topic: Is there a thread for which wheels?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Blash1982

• Just got here
Is there a thread for which wheels?
« on: 04 February 2019, 16:20 »
really looking to see if there's a thread to see what wheels your all running on Mk7.5's?

have been looking at pretorias but they weren't OEM has anyone or could anyone recommend a vendor?

Also liking oz ultraleggras and ABT wheels

but not wanting to mortgage me house for a set of wheels.

getting delivery of a new GTI Performance 1st March but sadly on the basic wheels hence looking to upgrade.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Is there a thread for which wheels?
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2019, 16:59 »
If was changing mine, I'd be tempted by the Borbet FF1.

https://www.borbet.de/en/ff1-dark-titan-polished

Very OEM looking and super-light. Well priced in 18s but expensive in 19s (forged).
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2019, 17:06 »
I like the Borbet wheels more and more every time I look at them :drool:
I better get saving :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2019, 18:57 »
While I like to chip in with my point of view... I am staying out of this thread!  Over to you guys. :whistle:
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 19:20 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2019, 19:01 »
Brescia alloys on mine, I would choose the same again.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2019, 19:17 »
I've swapped from standard on the GTI PP 7.5 to a set of 18" Black Pretorias. Looks great with Atlantic Blue IMHO.

You can get genuine 18" Prets from VW, and the site on ebay I got mine from was good value, and from a main dealer with VW warranty / TUV paperwork etc. I prefer the ride of 18s. 
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2019, 20:09 »
I've swapped from standard on the GTI PP 7.5 to a set of 18" Black Pretorias. Looks great with Atlantic Blue IMHO.

You can get genuine 18" Prets from VW, and the site on ebay I got mine from was good value, and from a main dealer with VW warranty / TUV paperwork etc. I prefer the ride of 18s.

Bet they look good. You should get some pics up.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Blash1982

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2019, 21:52 »
If was changing mine, I'd be tempted by the Borbet FF1.

https://www.borbet.de/en/ff1-dark-titan-polished

Very OEM looking and super-light. Well priced in 18s but expensive in 19s (forged).

Lovely looking wheels them!!

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2019, 09:22 »
VWR Cup Edition 18” on mine for summer, Ronal R46 17” for winter. Both have type approval for the Golf.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2019, 14:31 »
BBS SR (or CI if you're feeling flush - same style but lighter) for me - the 19" versions have (what I consider) the perfect proportions for the car, especially lowered. Admittedly they're quite a heavy wheel but they're properly strong

Was reading an article in one of the VW/Audi mags while I was waiting for my tyres to be fitted the other day and they were saying that putting larger wheels (with lower profile tyres to keep the same rolling radius) on a car can actually make the car look taller than it was before. Their basic premise was to make sure the arch gap was the same size (or smaller) than the height of the sidewall - therefore if you fit lower profile tyres you should lower the car too - although only by half an inch each inch of wheel size you go up.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!