Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 169245 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #720 on: 12 February 2020, 10:49 »
Yeah I think you still aren't seeing the full picture here.

We'll see - not long until Geneva now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #721 on: 12 February 2020, 20:21 »
There’s still a fair bit of disguise there yes.
They wouldn’t want to steal the GTI’s pre-launch mystique by revealing the überGolf first.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #722 on: 13 February 2020, 10:51 »
I can remember when the golf R Mk7 was released and a lot of people including myself felt it looked on pics and videos too understated and more like a regular golf than a performance version.  I actually really leaned toward not liking it looks wise. But in the real it was a different story visually and to cut a long story short I now own one.  I guess we will have to wait till we see it both in media and in the real before we can judge it accurately.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #725 on: 14 February 2020, 23:23 »
So a super green gtd but I wonder if that's a new euro standard, because if its the current euro 6 it will make no difference when cities etc ban oil burners, lumping the new gtd with the old gtd. I'd happily have another gtd but would be scared of being banned from places with it... So ironically would pick a more polluting petrol engine. That's wrong isn't it?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #726 on: 20 February 2020, 07:32 »
I've just read that Geneva might not happen.... speculation it might be cancelled because of  Corona virus...

I guess VW will just send a press release instead.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #728 on: 20 February 2020, 18:26 »
Hopefully that cluster of lights in the lower grille are fog lights, not DRLs. That way you don't have to turn them on.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #729 on: 21 February 2020, 15:32 »
I hope it is styled down at bit, because I think it looks quite boring and very much like the rest of the range (aside from the brakes and twin exhaust pipes).

One of the things I really liked about the MK7 and MK7.5 performance models is that they looked quite different from the "cooking" models. Now that all the MK8's seem to get LED headlights, the front ends all seem to look the same whereas the Xenons with the "U" DRL's on the MK7's and the new LED's with the unique DRL's and red strips on the MK7.5 were quite different from the standard models.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras