Author Topic: VW UK's Choice of 18" Alloys not good ?  (Read 23958 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: VW UK's Choice of 18" Alloys not good ?
« Reply #20 on: 07 February 2013, 09:50 »
I like the Serrons. Not practical for the UK like the Monza Shadows etc but so many of the silver painted VW wheels have a polished section on them somewhere so the only option is often aftermarket wheels.

Does anyone know for sure the offset on the standard mk7 wheels?
Wondering if my BBS CKs would bolt straight on a mk7.
I just bought BBS 17' and was told they will fit. The GT model takes the 18's so don't see you having any problem. Will put some pictures up when the Golf comes along early March

From my thread here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=248324.0
It seems the wheels are identical to mk6 wheels. I did a quick search on ebay.de too and the winter wheels on sale match up to those specs so therefore the Monzas and Charlestons people own will swap straight over.
No wonder the wheels look so lost in the arches on some of the press shots of the mk7!!

Got me thinking now, there are a few mk7 launch demo cars coming up for sale now in GT TDI 150 flavour, base spec (which is pretty good) sub £22k. I'm sure a few hours on the phone and a bit of dedicated negotiating would chip that cost down a bit further...
Just add my CKs and a tuning box and I'd be away!!!

Sounds like a plan! The 150 GT would make a great mile muncher with all that standard tech, would be good if someone could photoshop your CK's onto one?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 10 February 2013, 18:36 »
I like the Serrons. Not practical for the UK like the Monza Shadows etc but so many of the silver painted VW wheels have a polished section on them somewhere so the only option is often aftermarket wheels.

I just bought BBS 17' and was told they will fit. The GT model takes the 18's so don't see you having any problem. Will put some pictures up when the Golf comes along early March

It seems the wheels are identical to mk6 wheels. I did a quick search on ebay.de too and the winter wheels on sale match up to those specs so therefore the Monzas and Charlestons people own will swap straight over.
No wonder the wheels look so lost in the arches on some of the press shots of the mk7!!

Got me thinking now, there are a few mk7 launch demo cars coming up for sale now in GT TDI 150 flavour, base spec (which is pretty good) sub £22k. I'm sure a few hours on the phone and a bit of dedicated negotiating would chip that cost down a bit further...

Sounds like a plan! The 150 GT would make a great mile muncher with all that standard tech, would be good if someone could photoshop your CK's onto one?

I just had one of those "I wonder" moments earlier (nothing else to do as it was raining so was just looking around the net) and thought about the guy I bought my BBSs from as he's a bit of a serial car swapper like me. And sure enough he'd bought a mk7, and what wheels did he choose to fit on it? Yep, another set of BBS CKs!!
My wife couldn't quite see the man maths behind his logic but I could!!
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 10 February 2013, 20:03 »
Salesman can be really annoying sometimes ( not you eve ) you put your trust in them thinking they are right.

Have to say I like the white special paint it looks smart. Personally I think the silver BBS would have looked best but appreciate we all have different tastes. My BBS arrived the other day and can’t wait to see what they are like on the Golf. This time I’m going for touring tyers in the form of Michelin Primacy given the modest performance of the 1.4 120bhp. 

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2013, 22:53 »

I just had one of those "I wonder" moments earlier (nothing else to do as it was raining so was just looking around the net) and thought about the guy I bought my BBSs from as he's a bit of a serial car swapper like me. And sure enough he'd bought a mk7, and what wheels did he choose to fit on it? Yep, another set of BBS CKs!!
My wife couldn't quite see the man maths behind his logic but I could!!
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94

That looks very sharp! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #24 on: 11 February 2013, 19:34 »
It does but that's £1,800 on top of the new car price - wonder if he kept his factory ones for winter?