Author Topic: Mk7 on test in Sweden  (Read 14274 times)

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
Re: Mk7 on test in Sweden
« Reply #30 on: 25 January 2013, 15:04 »
Jimble, IDC and Buck +1

I went to the MK7 launch last night at my local dealer and I was very impressed with the MK7 especially the interior which is a real improvement over the MK6. I was unsure of the looks of the front end from the pictures I had seen but in the flesh it looks good in SE and GT spec. I am much more excited about the GTI now.  :cool:

I have an all day test drive in a GT TSI tomorrow so weather dependent I shall be able to give it a good test.  :smiley:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline bcarlin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 25 January 2013, 20:28 »
I've Got a mk6 gti and i went and had a look at the mk7 2 weeks ago. The interior was ok but I felt the radio screen was smaller ? Anyone else think this.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 25 January 2013, 21:18 »
The standard radio screen might be slightly smaller but it does have nav, plus the option unit has a full 8 inches!! :shocked:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #33 on: 25 January 2013, 21:24 »
Let's be honest here, we can all admit that VW has played way too safe on styling but others that go down the radical route never seem to get the driving bit right.

Most manufacturers try and entice you with cracking design, but what you end up with is an interesting LOOKING car that's not nice to live with.  Also, VW seem to be making sure they don't ever do this, you see a golf, any MK and you know it's a golf, you know it's going to be good, and you know that compared to it's rivals, attention to detail is, and has always been where it matters.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 26 January 2013, 09:25 »
Jimble, IDC and Buck +1

I went to the MK7 launch last night at my local dealer and I was very impressed with the MK7 especially the interior which is a real improvement over the MK6. I was unsure of the looks of the front end from the pictures I had seen but in the flesh it looks good in SE and GT spec. I am much more excited about the GTI now.  :cool:

I have an all day test drive in a GT TSI tomorrow so weather dependent I shall be able to give it a good test.  :smiley:

Nice way to spend a Saturday. Give us the low down on your thoughts of the test drive.
Have a great day:)

Offline rodd1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 30 January 2013, 10:02 »
Let's be honest here, we can all admit that VW has played way too safe on styling but others that go down the radical route never seem to get the driving bit right.

Most manufacturers try and entice you with cracking design, but what you end up with is an interesting LOOKING car that's not nice to live with.  Also, VW seem to be making sure they don't ever do this, you see a golf, any MK and you know it's a golf, you know it's going to be good, and you know that compared to it's rivals, attention to detail is, and has always been where it matters.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but from the side does anyone else think the MK7 looks more like an evolution of the MK4 than MK5 or 6, or you could say it's a step back to the MK4 design. Almost like they've squashed and stretched it a little? Could be just me tho  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 30 January 2013, 10:17 by rodd1000 »