Author Topic: Test drive invites  (Read 9458 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Test drive invites
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2013, 12:01 »
I had a call from the dealer this morning, asking if I wanted to make an appointment for this weekend. I told him that I would like to see the car, but would have no intention of buying one, as I would be changing my Passat next, and that wouldn't be for a Golf. I probably wouldn't go this weekend and I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time.

He was very keen to point out that he would still do all he could to get me the best possible deal on any car they could get hold of. He kept going on about the Passat Altracks that they have in stock. I told him that I wouldn't have any money to spend until April at the earliest, but he kept on insisting that I should make an appointment to go over. I reckon for people in a position to change their car, things are tight and there should be some good deals to be had if you play it right.`
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2013, 22:56 »
Sat in a gt diesel today, quite impressed with interior almost makes the mk6 interior look like a van, i've got a test drive this Thursday.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2013, 16:11 »
Anyone found a dealer with anything but the 2.0 TDI available for test?

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2013, 16:32 »
Anyone found a dealer with anything but the 2.0 TDI available for test?

Until the GTI comes out, why would anyone want anything other than the 2.0 TDI?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2013, 19:34 »
Yep, Cambridge dealers have both the 1.6TDI and 1.4 140PS cars on the road.

Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 11 January 2013, 13:44 »
I had a good long test drive of about 10 miles today in a 1.4 tsi(140). First impressions are very quiet and smooth ride, interior quality and style much improved. I liked the electric handbrake, in effect you never have to touch the button, it's all automatic.
The stop start is unobtrusive in use and I noticed that the engine went into 2 cylinder mode several times on light throttle and braking.
Would I buy one? We will have to see the new GTI, particularly the prices and the value of my trade in, red GTi, 10 reg currently 18500 miles.
I must say though I loved driving mine again after the test drive with the big power advantage!
I'm interested to hear how some of you guys get on with the new model

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 11 January 2013, 16:38 »

Would I buy one? We will have to see the new GTI, particularly the prices and the value of my trade in, red GTi, 10 reg currently 18500 miles.

You'll be looking at the thick end of £15k to change when the time comes. Financially it takes a bit of justifying, but then new car purchases often do.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2013, 17:05 »
This was the result of one Mk7 test drive

(Pic stolen from E38)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2013, 17:08 »
On a test drive...bloody hell!!! :shocked:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2013, 21:27 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2013, 17:29 »
Whoops! :lipsrsealed:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂