Author Topic: Test drive invites  (Read 9405 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Test drive invites
« on: 31 December 2012, 17:49 »
So who's had an invite through the post to go and test drive the mk7? I've had 3 from 2 dealers!? :rolleyes: If you've had one will you be taking up the offer?? Hopefully i will be.. :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mike.

• I live here
Re: Test drive invites
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2012, 18:04 »
Just had a test drive in a  1.4 TSI SE, very impressed, although the first time I took it out it  was still in transport mode and would only do 25mph .
Still not sure about the shape of the front but the inside was a nice place to be. It was pretty nippy for a 1.4, even had a good engine note

My mum has ordered a 1.4 TSI SE, xenons, parking sensors and mirror pack in Tungsten Silver.
She hopes to have it in six to eight weeks as the dealer said he could change one of his allocated orders.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2012, 18:08 »
So who's had an invite through the post to go and test drive the mk7? I've had 3 from 2 dealers!? :rolleyes: If you've had one will you be taking up the offer?? Hopefully i will be.. :smiley:

My chuffing dealer hasn't been in touch yet!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2012, 19:44 »
Received my invite at the weekend. Don't think I'll be taking up the offer as I've no intention of changing my mk6 yet and don't want to temp myself!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2013, 12:32 »
I've had 2 invites through...one from Dundee and one from Aberdeen.. :smiley:

Just got to work on the better half... :grin:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2013, 13:56 »
I had one come from South Hereford for their test drive weekend 11th-13th Jan.

I'm going down for some service work tomorrow, so may see if I they've got one to have a look at, but I'm not that fussed about driving one. I'm changing the Passat next, but that won't be for a Golf.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2013, 13:40 »
Got my invite through last week and have just received a reminder.
Not sure if I'll take the offer up as I don't want to be a timewaster as for the poor sales guy time equals money and I'm not really interested in anything other than the GTI/D but it would be nice to have a go in one to see what the fuss is about.
For example the press raved about the mk6 being so much better than the mk5 but with hindsight we all know that was a load of b0llocks; it was better yes, but not way better.
In hindsight I wish I'd kept my old steel grey mk5 and skipped my 09 plate GTI and waited for my current 11 plate instead once the mk5 had go a bit older, we live and learn. Mind you I had good fun for two years experimenting with stuff such as retro fits and 7 sets of wheels!!

Hmmmm, what to do?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2013, 20:03 »
Yes, I got 3 identical invites from my 2 local dealers and the one where I bought the car.

My 10yo wants to go and look at the car and go for a test drive but I know I'm waiting for the sportier models to come out.

Having said that SWMBO may well need to change her car this year so wold be good to get a view of the Mk7 as an option. 

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2013, 17:40 »
Just had my invite today, think i will wait for a GTI test drive though.

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2013, 17:58 »
Got an invite through the post a couple of weeks ago and a reminder by email last night. I'm holding onto my mk6 for now so I'm not going to have a look until next service time to avoid temptation. In any case it would be another GTI if anything
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI