Author Topic: Still working?  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Still working?
« on: 18 December 2012, 06:03 »
Just thought I'd post some random nonsense to make sure the mk7 section is still working as its lay dormant all weekend? Jimble you on holiday or something?  :laugh: :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Still working?
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2012, 09:40 »
This section will probably kick off once we've all been and had a look/drive in the cars in the new year.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2012, 19:59 »
I'm still here! But like Dubber says it'll kick off when we start to see the cars, i could post a few links to other forums but it always feels like bad form! :tongue:

Could always use this a complete drivel thread for something to read in here until it starts to liven up a bit??
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2012, 20:22 »
I'm still here! But like Dubber says it'll kick off when we start to see the cars, i could post a few links to other forums but it always feels like bad form! :tongue:

Could always use this a complete drivel thread for something to read in here until it starts to liven up a bit??

That was the intention, lol!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2012, 07:53 »
Neil, I spied one of your pictures in VD magazine again this month. You're becoming quite a regular in there. Almost as much as Hurdy, although he doesn't seem particularly happy about having his photo taken.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2012, 18:07 »
Neil, I spied one of your pictures in VD magazine again this month. You're becoming quite a regular in there. Almost as much as Hurdy, although he doesn't seem particularly happy about having his photo taken.

Nice one I'll check it out!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2012, 19:12 »
It's on Page 42, in the bit asking for readers contributions.

Did you get the same email asking if you would like to write an artical about your car/s?

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2012, 19:21 »
No, wondering if he just used the same from the GTi special?

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2012, 07:52 »
It's a half page add, asking for people to write their own reviews etc for a new feature. It includes a couple of little pictures of previous magazines. One is this years GTI special opened on the page that yours was on.

This is what the email (and the add) said.

Volkswagen drivers wanted!

For a new regular series, in the pages of Volkswagen Driver magazine every month, we’re looking for a cross-section of VW owners to write in with their own experiences of driving Volkswagens, or any models from the other Volkswagen Group marques for that matter.

Ideally, we’re looking for the sort of first-hand anecdotal feedback that was featured earlier this year in the GTI Special issue (July 2012) or the T5 Special issue (November 2012)

Whether you want to write about your previous history of driving Volkswagens, or a detailed account of your current model, it’s up to you. There’s no limit on the number of words; your account can be short or long, and it doesn’t have to be perfectly written, as we'll sub-edit it and get back to you to check any details or ask for additional information if required.

It is quite important, though, that it is accompanied by a small selection of good quality photos to illustrate the item, either conventional colour prints sent by post, or a couple of high-resolution (approx 1 Mb is ideal) digital images by e-mail or on CD.

So, if you’d like to share your VW driving experiences with other readers and see your car featured in an internationally published magazine, then please write to us or e-mail: vwdrivers@autometrix.co.uk

Don’t forget to include your full name and postal address, so that we can send you a copy when it is published.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Neil Birkitt
Editor, Volkswagen Driver magazine

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2012, 12:55 »
That's sounds interesting, might make the mag a bit more interesting? I had a look this morning in my local wh smith, but they're not stocking it yet.