Author Topic: You said I'd be back...  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
You said I'd be back...
« on: 17 August 2015, 19:17 »
And you were right. It's been a while but since owning the Mazda 3 MPS (fantastic car, really it is) the longing for a GTI has been growing daily. That and driving a VW van every day makes me want a dub even more.

The bitter taste left by my last dealer experience has subsided somewhat, and the grass is looking greener once more. That and the absolute piss stains have shut down.  :smiley:

My situation is - I want a very specific motor.

I'm currently soon to buy my first house, so I probably couldn't have timed this more badly

Option 1:

MK5 GTI/R32 sell Mazda privately.

Option 2:

MK6 R/MK7 GTI/Polo GTI new after I've moved in (potentially next year or late this year)

It's got to have DSG, heated seats, auto wipers, auto head lights, xenons, relatively low miles. Ideally black, white or red.

What, oh what should I do?

I won't be trading in the Mazda. I tried that and they offered 3500, but they'd do me a favour at 4000.. Haha.

It's immaculate, FMSH with only 36000 miles and a 2008 plate.. Dealers are selling them for 8000+! Talk about profit or should i say daylight robbery.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: You said I'd be back...
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2015, 14:51 »
Welcome back!

Which do you want the most? If it's one of Option 2 then it's got to be worth holding out a bit longer :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2015, 16:57 »
If you can wait then I'd go for a MK6 R. I'm not a massive fan of the shape of the 7R, the Polo Gti wouldn't even be considered.

If you can't wait then it depends if you fancy splashing out almost £500 a year to tax an R32? I've got a Gti and it's pretty fun, although my brother has an Ed30 at about 300bhp and it's in another league. A Stage 2+ MK5 Gti would be comparable and I'd take that over an R32.

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2015, 19:46 »
Thanks guys!

Well I pay £500 a year tax on the MPS, so no change there.

I want a new GTI the most.. Second off I want the R. My only worry with the R is a used DSG on a car that will have been driven hard. Same as the R32 and MK5 GTI.

The 32 and GTI are on my list as, well, I'm impatient. If I can hold on I think an ED35 or R will be easily attainable, as will a GTI (polo fully specced) or GTI (golf mildly specced), however that's on PCP where the R or ED35 would be hire purchase.

Ultimately I don't want to wait, but I know waiting will pay off. It's wether I can wait that long. I need DSG. I miss the gearbox so much and my Mk5. I should never have sold it to be fair, but I has a pretty bad experience with VWUK that was enough to drive me away to another manufacturer. Funny how quickly nostalgia sets in and all is forgiven, eh?