Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 82904 times)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #30 on: 16 November 2013, 09:10 »
Skinee - your car is a three door in silver isnt it? Have you posted any pics - would love to see it?

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 16 November 2013, 12:10 »
Skinee - your car is a three door in silver isnt it? Have you posted any pics - would love to see it?
It is - haven't posted any but happy to try putting something on photobucket.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 16 November 2013, 12:49 »
It is - haven't posted any but happy to try putting something on photobucket.
Had a couple on my phone that I've added to the "new arrivals" thread.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 16 November 2013, 13:49 »
My BW 44 car that was built a week late in BW 45 has the sound actuator as standard. Must have been lucky with the cross over! Mind you I have the advance telephone prep so lose out on the MDI! Can't win them all!!

Offline Robbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 06 December 2013, 19:54 »
Well now that my BW 45 has arrived (mirrors now fold/unfold on locking/unlocking), it appears that I have the Sound Actuator fitted.

With the mode in 'Normal', engine just sounds like you'd expect, but in 'Sport' the engine noise is much deeper, louder witha bit more of a growl.  Definitely a different sound between the 2 modes, managed to find a back road where I was able to try the modes back to back and accelerate (mainly in 2nd).  Tried it lots just to make sure of the difference too :wink:
« Last Edit: 07 December 2013, 01:49 by Robbo »
Golf GTD Manual 5 Door, Carbon Grey.

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 06 December 2013, 21:17 »
Well now that my BW 45 has arrived (mirrors now fold/unfold on locking/unlocking), I do believe that the Sound Actuator is still fitted.

With the mode in 'Normal', engine just sounds like you'd expect, but in 'Sport' the engine noise is much deeper, louder witha bit more of a growl.  Definitely a different sound between the 2 modes, managed to find a back road where I was able to try the modes back to back and accelerate (mainly in 2nd).  Tried it lots just to make sure of the difference too :wink:
Sounds like Father Wolfsburg Christmas visited you early or VW have got their specs round their necks again... don't tell the salesman or he might invoice you for it :grin:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 06 December 2013, 21:50 »
Very interesting - I wonder if this is a one-off - then again, I guess until someone pops up with a Sport and Sound option pack next year we are not going to be any wiser.....

Offline Robbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 06 December 2013, 22:05 »
Sounds like Father Wolfsburg Christmas visited you early or VW have got their specs round their necks again... don't tell the salesman or he might invoice you for it :grin:

Fortunately it is a company car - so they can bill the lease company :evil:

Very interesting - I wonder if this is a one-off - then again, I guess until someone pops up with a Sport and Sound option pack next year we are not going to be any wiser.....

Looking again at the description for the pack on the VW web site, it does appear it might be a bit of luck having the actuator fitted, but your right, until we hear from someone who has shelled out the £255, or we hear from more BW45+ it is still a bit of a mystery.
Golf GTD Manual 5 Door, Carbon Grey.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 07 December 2013, 18:42 »
it does appear it might be a bit of luck having the actuator fitted,
Or bad luck if you did not want it!  :laugh:

Offline CookieGTD

• Just got here
« Reply #39 on: 07 December 2013, 18:53 »
I have a GTD on order at the moment and i'm hoping for a March delivery, I emailed the dealer today about this and supposedly the Sound Actuator has never been standard on the MK7 GTD? The one I test drove definitely had it and when I ordered mine (October) It wasn't on the options list so surely that means that it was standard fit?

If it was standard fit when I ordered what are the chances of the dealer honouring this if it is the case that this is now a (expensive) optional extra?

Cheers