Author Topic: mfsw and music  (Read 1246 times)

Offline zesty

• Just got here
mfsw and music
« on: 12 April 2011, 18:39 »
New owner after some help please.
I am using a memory stick plugged in to the mfi ? lead that is in the centre console. (rcd310)
All my music is on the stick which works fine but when I use either the left or right hand controls on the mfsw all I can do is change tracks one at a time.
How do I change to a different album without having to click through one track at a time?

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: mfsw and music
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2011, 21:30 »
Hi and welcome.

We're all very helpful on here, but only after you've read the manual :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 April 2011, 22:18 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline zesty

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2011, 21:56 »
Glad to hear it.
 I did kind of speed read the manual but didnt spot anything specific that explained things, will have a more thorough read of it in the morning.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2011, 00:22 »
Welcome to the forum.

Are your albums in different folders?

On my RCD310 you can't change albums of the MFSW only next track and previous track. I have 16 different folders with artists/groups in I just press the second button from the left so it says Mix All and it mixes all track in all folders. If you want to play random tracks in a folder just select Random Folder with the same button.

As suggested read the radio handbook.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2011, 12:04 »
Its a glaring omission from VW if you ask me.
They put controls for the stereo on the steering wheel that can only do volume up and down & next and previous.
Why they couldn't even include a source is shocking.

It means you have to take your hands off the wheel which kind of defeats the purpose.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2011, 12:27 »
The other pain in the a**e is the right hand switch that you can display the track thats playing I occasionally hit the switch as I'm turning the wheel. Who the hell wants to see what track is playing when it shows that on the radio, plus you can hear it?

I do like the volume up and down and the mute button on the wheel.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2011, 12:28 by Keithuk »
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2011, 12:51 »
Its a poor implementation really, any software monkey could have done better.  When you switch to the radio in the dash pod the right hand steering wheel control when you press up moves the radio selection down and when you press down moves the radio track up.  Come on thats blantently wrong. p.s. You can see this by pressing the selection button on the touch screen in the folder you are listening to.

One word PANTS.

Up down could have changed folders, "ok" could have selected the current folder or track and the return button could have navigated back down the folders.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.