Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316635 times)

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1150 on: 27 June 2013, 14:12 »
I was a little worried that the tracker stopped recognising my order number yesterday, but after reading some of the comments on here that the system might be refreshing I relaxed a little and so was hoping to see a "Build Week Confirmed" status today. It is recognised again today but, of course, I am still getting my paperwork stamped on "Processing Your Order".  :cry: :cry:

Can any of you guys tell me how long it takes on average (if there is an average), for an order to change from "Processing Your Order" to "Build Week Confirmed" ? I put in my replacement order two weeks ago and was hoping to have a confirmed week number by now. I will be asking the Dealer, but you know I will get more sense here ! Also can someone confirm if the week numbers are the standard calendar week numbers and not something weird i.e. Week 1 is first week of January ?

Can anyone post a screenshot of what you see when it does move to "Build Week Confirmed" (with your order number blurred out is necessary) ? At the moment all I see is the Car, Colour and Upholstery details. Was worried that it might come with Titan Black but Dealer assures me it will be Jacaro Red (got it in writing just in case)

cheers

My 'processing' has been on-going since the 15th of May, so 6 weeks and no change. Best to check it once a week, that way you won't get too down hearted.

I expect 'processing' to change around the end of July though. That would make it 10 or 11 weeks since order?

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see if I can break the OCD habit of firing up the web browser every half hour to check then !  :laugh:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1151 on: 27 June 2013, 14:29 »
Thanks for the info guys. I'll see if I can break the OCD habit of firing up the web browser every half hour to check then !  :laugh:

Do what I did and leave it two or three weeks!  Mine went from "Processing" to "Build Week Confirmed" in the space of two causal site visits!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline phil_790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1152 on: 28 June 2013, 08:01 »
Hi all,

I got a call from my dealer yesterday to say that I have a confirmed build week of 33. I had given up checking the track my order, now it's showing as confirmed...starting to get really excited, but also think i might miss my scirocco a bit.

Cheers,
Phil

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1153 on: 28 June 2013, 08:14 »
Hi all,

I got a call from my dealer yesterday to say that I have a confirmed build week of 33. I had given up checking the track my order, now it's showing as confirmed...starting to get really excited, but also think i might miss my scirocco a bit.

Cheers,
Phil
That's 6 weeks in advance not the normal 4, maybe due to the shutdown period.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline phil_790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1154 on: 28 June 2013, 08:22 »
I thought it was a bit soon to be confirmed, but I was so surprised that I forgot to ask why it was confirmed so early...not that I am complaining!
Cheers,
Phil

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1155 on: 28 June 2013, 08:59 »
Well f7ck my old boots and call me Shirley, the tracker now says 'Build Week Confirmed.'

I am in a state of shock!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1156 on: 28 June 2013, 09:02 »
Well f7ck my old boots and call me Shirley, the tracker now says 'Build Week Confirmed.'

Me too!

BW33 I assume matchboy? It does seem that Thursday is the day of major weekly updates - my dad's was confirmed on a Thursday.

It would seem then the the tracker is updating 4 build weeks earlier than build rather than 4 calendar weeks, taking the 3 week shutdown into account.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1157 on: 28 June 2013, 09:05 »

Me too!

BW33 I assume matchboy? It does seem that Thursday is the day of major weekly updates - my dad's was confirmed on a Thursday.

It would seem then the the tracker is updating 4 build weeks earlier than build rather than 4 calendar weeks, taking the 3 week shutdown into account.

Yup, I agree!  BW33 too - so they are taking into account the shutdown.  I know its still ages away but seeing the tracker update has made my week!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1158 on: 28 June 2013, 09:08 »
Great news Shirley/ Monkey.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1159 on: 28 June 2013, 09:10 »

Great news "Shirley"....... You can breath a sigh of relief now.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)