Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318623 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1000 on: 17 June 2013, 18:01 »
Haha, good point!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1001 on: 17 June 2013, 19:34 »
I still reckon BW33 cars may be ready for the very end of Aug/start of Sept.

If the "for sale" GTI in Benfield is anything to go by, that thing was delivered within 9 days of it's earliest possible build date for a genuine full UK MY14 car (start of BW22).

If my car is built in BW33 and is ready before the end of Aug then i'm waiting to Sept 1st, for the sake of a few days to get the new plate.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1002 on: 17 June 2013, 19:44 »

If the "for sale" GTI in Benfield is anything to go by, that thing was delivered within 9 days of it's earliest possible build date for a genuine full UK MY14 car (start of BW22).

If my car is built in BW33 and is ready before the end of Aug then i'm waiting to Sept 1st, for the sake of a few days to get the new plate.

I genuinely hope you're right as ill take the car ASAP, the Sep plate isn't what i want: as my dealer' plates start with LO, so in September the plate will be LO53 - which probably isn't the best plate for me given I'm an accountant!!   :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline George k

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1003 on: 17 June 2013, 19:57 »
It'll be LO63 :smiley:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1004 on: 17 June 2013, 20:05 »

I genuinely hope you're right as ill take the car ASAP, the Sep plate isn't what i want: as my dealer' plates start with LO, so in September the plate will be LO53 - which probably isn't the best plate for me given I'm an accountant!!   :laugh:

:grin: :grin: :grin: Snap! I'm an accountant as well. We'll be giving the GTI a bad rep.

p.s. remind me not to get you to do my books, as George K says LO63  :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1005 on: 17 June 2013, 20:35 »
 :grin: Typing on an iPad, slip of the finger!!  :whistle:

Who said accountants aren't cool?!  :cool: :lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #1006 on: 18 June 2013, 21:37 »
Ordered a Golf GTD Vii in Tornado Red supposed to be build week 34 delivery September fingers crossed !

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1007 on: 18 June 2013, 22:00 »
Ordered a Golf GTD Vii in Tornado Red supposed to be build week 34 delivery September fingers crossed !

You'll need more than your fingers crossed  :grin: (only kidding mate). Keeping my fingers crossed for you too.... September sounds about the same time as me.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #1008 on: 18 June 2013, 22:04 »
I think you could be right am tempted to contact the dealer to confirm the dates, leasing sent me a email from them but may leave it a little while saves disappointment

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1009 on: 19 June 2013, 16:23 »
Update for you chaps, I guess some of you may have just received a call as well!  Not really good news though.

Got a call from VWUK customer care, they don't expect any updates to my BW any time soon (by this I'm pretty sure they mean "confirmed" updates as they told me it bounces around on a daily basis last time we spoke, and clearly they are not calling me everyday to give an 'update').

So anyway, they say the dealer will know about changes before they do and will get in touch immediately.  Therefore they won't call me every week to tell me "no change".  I asked what their "feeling" was on when an update might happen, all I was told was 3-4 weeks before the BW.

The problem is that the BW is unconfirmed, so subject to sudden and random changes.  I can be sure of an update 3-4 weeks before, but that is 3-4 weeks before an unknown point.  Effectively this means there will be an update when there is an update. :angry: I was hoping they'd be more candid.  Something like "we expect the factory to have largely settled its scheduling in X many weeks time so you might get an update then."

Forever in limbo eh?

Oh yes, and they still don't know what the delay is with "these cars" (referring to mine and others who have contacted them I assume).  As we've noted here it is not the DSG or the sunroof, so there appears to be no logic to why some of us are soon to be built and others are facing 3+ more months before we even get a confirmed BW, let alone delivery!

Its frankly astonishing the degree of opacity they seem to have achieved in this process.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2013, 16:26 by Bill_the_Bear »