Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316514 times)

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #980 on: 14 June 2013, 22:32 »

Same here Gung-Ho.... And to top it off, after speaking to vw today who told me 32, and that they have no idea where my dealer got 28 from, I got an email from him this evening saying it was still 28 though not confirmed! So I really have no idea what the hell is going on!! Why would my dealer lie! As he's too embarrassed to tell me it's changed again for the worse? Part of me now really couldn't give a flying and just wants to forget about the car!! Argrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrhhhhh!!  :cry: :cry: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #981 on: 14 June 2013, 23:25 »
That new Mercedes CLA looks awesome!  :wink:

Seriously though, it does, and I am tempted.  :whistle:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #982 on: 14 June 2013, 23:30 »
I have read all your post with interest and thought it would be helpful if I added my experience so I have registered on your forum.
Welcome! Join in the ...err...fun! :wink:

I ordered a 5 door DSG with leather and ACC on 10/4/2013. The order notification commitment date was 1/7/2013. The subsequent unconfirmed build week from the Dealer until last week was week 27. The unconfirmed build date from dealer today was week 39. The Dealer said they have not been ( presumably from VW UK) given any specific reasons as to why there are delays and that all dealers are in the same boat.
Sounds familiar.  I'm also 5dr DSG leather ordered in April, and now sitting pretty on wk39.

I will update whenever I receive a revised date.
Look forward to it, hope you get moved forward again as an early order no reason you should be waiting so long!

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #983 on: 14 June 2013, 23:40 »

Same here Gung-Ho.... And to top it off, after speaking to vw today who told me 32, and that they have no idea where my dealer got 28 from, I got an email from him this evening saying it was still 28 though not confirmed! So I really have no idea what the hell is going on!! Why would my dealer lie! As he's too embarrassed to tell me it's changed again for the worse? Part of me now really couldn't give a flying and just wants to forget about the car!! Argrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrhhhhh!!  :cry: :cry: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Yeah. It's a real kick in the "Knackers!"  Couldn't get a reply from my dealer today as he was off. Should in "theory" had a build week confirmation today as I was told week 28 like a lot of you here (I even saw the paperwork with Week 28 written on it, so I knew he wasn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes).

To be honest I don't blame the sales guy as he was only going by what VW UK & his procurement manager was telling him.  I was hoping for a July delivery at the latest as my MOT will need renewing in August & I don't reckon my tyres will last much longer... They're pretty much on the legal limit now.  I'll probably have to replace them if I'm looking at a September delivery.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #984 on: 15 June 2013, 09:39 »
After being in a filthy mood yesterday, with a combination of utter disappointment and extreme anger, reading all your posts has calmed me down a bit. It's clear that for whatever reason we've all been pushed back. Why? Who knows. Ill do my best to find out though.

Bottom line is that there is nowt we can all do.  It's certainly taken the edge off my excitement however, instead of taking delivery in a few months it will now be September/October which feels like such a long way away (probably cause it is  :laugh:). Yesterday I was certainly wishing I'd gone for the A250 AMG instead as I'd probably have it by now. But it's not a GTI, so I'm still glad I didn't.

This forum is great therapy though, it at least helps with the knowledge that I'm not the only one being f7cked over! And it will be worth it when it does turn up - it just doesn't feel like it at the moment  :sad:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #985 on: 15 June 2013, 10:53 »
This forum is great therapy though, it at least helps with the knowledge that I'm not the only one being f7cked over! And it will be worth it when it does turn up - it just doesn't feel like it at the moment  :sad:

Yeah... I know to some reading this thread, we all sound like a bunch of whinging old mothers, regurgitating the same old, same old moot point.  But without a place to vent my frustrations I'd probably have cancelled my order by now. Knowing everyone is in the same boat does make things easier.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #986 on: 15 June 2013, 11:08 »
Has anyone who's build weeks have been put back had 'build week confirmed' on the VW tracker? Mine has been showing this for about a week but I have no clue what build week I have been allocated.  Which number should I contact VW on to find this out?
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #987 on: 15 June 2013, 11:20 »

Yeah... I know to some reading this thread, we all sound like a bunch of whinging old mothers, regurgitating the same old, same old moot point.  But without a place to vent my frustrations I'd probably have cancelled my order by now. Knowing everyone is in the same boat does make things easier.

Totally agree Gung-Ho - this forum has saved me from cancelling! If I'd home down the A Class route I'd of had it by now then switch over to a GTI next year when they're more freely available. It's too late now to do that so will have to put up with the delay but at least knowing others are in the same boat makes it slightly easier to bear.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Jules Winfield

« Reply #988 on: 15 June 2013, 11:24 »
Has anyone who's build weeks have been put back had 'build week confirmed' on the VW tracker? Mine has been showing this for about a week but I have no clue what build week I have been allocated.  Which number should I contact VW on to find this out?

You should be able to get this information from your dealer - in theory.

0800 0833 920 is the VW customer services number.

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #989 on: 15 June 2013, 11:40 »
Guys ...... The more I read all your problems the more I feel some Dealers just make it up as they go along, I also think that they are being led a merry dance by the factory so are probably in a very difficult position. I am not sticking up for them it's just an observation.

This is my situation -

I did not order when the books were first opened as the car is replacing the wife's beloved TT so she wanted to see one in the flesh before we shelled out 30k.

We test drove one last saturday, thumbs up from the wife, deal done on the TT, happy days until we were told delivery would be December earliest and could run in to 2014. Credit to the dealer, they could have just took my deposit and told me anything as I made it very clear that there was no deal at that sort of lead time.

We trawled through the ordering system and he showed me all the available cars I could spec up and they were all december build weeks.

Out of the blue the sales manager said that he had found an order in the system for a car made by their sister branch with a build week of 38. On investigation he confirmed it was an order for a car to stock and not a customer, status in the system was 10 so the spec could be altered. Not too sure how this other branch had not sold it as surely they must have had people making enquiries.

Anyhow, the car was a standard 3 door, red and all it had extra was keyless entry. I changed it to white with PP, ACC and leather.

The strange thing is, I went in yesterday to talk about finance and we checked the system and the build week has reduced to 35!!!!! The status is still 10 and he showed me the box below where the status will change to 20 and there is another date box which will be the confirmed build week.

I am only a week in to my order and will no doubt have more tales to tell!
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's