Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318479 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #890 on: 11 June 2013, 20:10 »
No one is moaning.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #891 on: 11 June 2013, 20:12 »
Running Man: so people should just roll over and let VW UK and their dealers walk all over them and treat them like dirt?

You seem oddly passive when it comes to getting decent customer service and standing up for yourself as a consumer, not to mention a bit superior when you pontificate to everyone else about why they're in the wrong and why you're (always) right.  Why is that, precisely? 

People are spending £25000 or more on these cars - are they not entitled to be treated with respect?  Do you think that VW/a dealer throwing their toys out of their pram because of a few emails is acceptable?  Do you think that dealers should be allowed to ditch orders because they can't be bothered dealing with a customer who sends them an email asking why their build week moves seemingly every other day?  I get the impression you do, and that nothing the dealer can do is wrong in your eyes.  People want to be informed - what's wrong with that?

There's a reason why the UK consumer gets shafted by companies such as VW.  People like you are part of that reason.  But you don't see it, which is perplexing.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #892 on: 11 June 2013, 20:36 »
I think what Running Man is saying is there's no point complaining because we won't get our cars any faster for doing so.

We can kick up a fuss all we want but unfortunately as we've seen it gets you nowhere.

I'm just not getting stressed, doing so will seemingly get us nowhere.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #893 on: 11 June 2013, 22:55 »
I think your confusing moaning & complaining with querying & wanting concise information. The last two are things I expect when spending 30 grand.

Either way Running Man I will continue my pursuit of answers should I be dicked around again regardless of any threats. My post was merely there for information should others complain instead of query.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #894 on: 13 June 2013, 09:13 »
So I should be getting a confirmed BW this week, as its BW24.  I'm going to hedge my bets and guess I'll be disappointed come close of play on Friday  :cry: :rolleyes:

Me and You Both.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!!! I'm checking my religiously on the hour....EVERY hour...  :grin:

So today's the day!  And my my status is......still processing  :rolleyes: :angry: :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #895 on: 13 June 2013, 10:09 »
So I should be getting a confirmed BW this week, as its BW24.  I'm going to hedge my bets and guess I'll be disappointed come close of play on Friday  :cry: :rolleyes:

Me and You Both.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!!! I'm checking my religiously on the hour....EVERY hour...  :grin:

So today's the day!  And my my status is......still processing  :rolleyes: :angry: :cry:

Have you still not got tomorrow? I think quite a few of them seem to change on a Friday.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #896 on: 13 June 2013, 10:22 »
Have you still not got tomorrow? I think quite a few of them seem to change on a Friday.

Oh, I thought it was a Thursday it changed on!  I'll cheer up for 24 hours then!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #897 on: 13 June 2013, 12:07 »
Got an update from Lisa,

Apparently my estimated BW is changing a lot so she doesn't want to give me an answer that is invalid next week.  I pressed a bit and was told it is changing between 37 and 39.  Might come forward or might... (she left me to guess the last part).

Pretty disappointed to hear that, particularly the bit about 39.  I had been told 37 last time by my dealer, so I was hoping she was going to say something like it is varying between 30 and 36, not that what I was told by my dealer (which is already ridiculous) is now the "best case".

If when I ordered someone had said it would be October I'd have laughed in their face.  Not sure I can cope with it becoming November, which a BW of 39 is dangerously close to.  That would be over 7 months from order to delivery!  Its all the worse because some of us are getting their cars in the next few weeks and Lisa still can't give a reason why some are being built now and others don't even have a BW yet... the familiar refrain of "DSG" is getting thin. :angry:

EDIT:
I actually cannot believe VW have a 7 month lead time on DSGs.  Its obviously not that.  I should have pointed this out to Lisa but I was coming to terms with the fact that yet again another week has passed yet my BW has been pushed back by another two weeks.  At this rate by November I'll be looking at an estimated 2015 delivery.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2013, 12:15 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #898 on: 13 June 2013, 12:27 »
Got an update from Lisa,

Apparently my estimated BW is changing a lot so she doesn't want to give me an answer that is invalid next week.  I pressed a bit and was told it is changing between 37 and 39.  Might come forward or might... (she left me to guess the last part).

Pretty disappointed to hear that, particularly the bit about 39.  I had been told 37 last time by my dealer, so I was hoping she was going to say something like it is varying between 30 and 36, not that what I was told by my dealer (which is already ridiculous) is now the "best case".

If when I ordered someone had said it would be October I'd have laughed in their face.  Not sure I can cope with it becoming November, which a BW of 39 is dangerously close to.  That would be over 7 months from order to delivery!  Its all the worse because some of us are getting their cars in the next few weeks and Lisa still can't give a reason why some are being built now and others don't even have a BW yet... the familiar refrain of "DSG" is getting thin. :angry:

EDIT:
I actually cannot believe VW have a 7 month lead time on DSGs.  Its obviously not that.  I should have pointed this out to Lisa but I was coming to terms with the fact that yet again another week has passed yet my BW has been pushed back by another two weeks.  At this rate by November I'll be looking at an estimated 2015 delivery.

Mine was originally wk37 then moved to wk42 now back to wk39!
Golf GTI - Often Copied, Never Equalled, Never Giving You a Confirmed BW! :tongue:
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #899 on: 13 June 2013, 12:29 »
Maybe this has something to do with the DSG problem reported yesterday Bear, and the recalls on certain gearboxes??

Either way its yet another slap in the face from VW for you.  7 months for a new car is a joke, its not a Ferrari!!  I'd just try to not let it bother you, it will be worth it in the end - it just doesn't seem like it at the moment.
Audi RS5 2018