Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316494 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #550 on: 22 May 2013, 12:45 »
I think the trouble arises because of two things: one, VW UK are sh!te. And two, they clearly have no say whatsoever - so as much as we can all phone them and ask them to do this and that, they have no control over what happens in Germany.

Awful service so far from VW UK.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #551 on: 22 May 2013, 12:46 »
I ordered my GTD last week with the Panoramic roof, manual, ACC and Dynaudio sound and my estimated build is WK33.

One question though, do the Bi-Xenons / LED lights on the GTD / GTI come standard with the cornering function?

Valenni, Maybe re-post your question in this thread about Xenons: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=253945.0
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #552 on: 22 May 2013, 12:54 »
I ordered my GTD last week with the Panoramic roof, manual, ACC and Dynaudio sound and my estimated build is WK33.

One question though, do the Bi-Xenons / LED lights on the GTD / GTI come standard with the cornering function?

Hi Valenni

What dealership did you order from?
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #553 on: 22 May 2013, 12:56 »
I really hope somebody from VW UK HQ reads this thread to realises how p*ssed off many of its customers are. There is a lot of ill feeling flying around due to frustration and unclear messages from VW. Venting our anger over the phone only gets us so far. Not much a first contact phone-monkey-telesales-advisor can do is there :angry: It's the decision making bosses that need a V-2* shaped rocket up their a$$es!

* Apologies for the WWII reference, just couldn't resist ;-)
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #554 on: 22 May 2013, 12:57 »
If mcmaddy's week 34 is correct then it looks like the only logical explanation is a delay associated with his options. I wonder whether everyone being quoted week 32+ who ordered in March or the first week of April have a common option that is holding things up?

I'm assuming there has to be some logic here and that's the only logical assumption I can think of.

The lass on the phone did empasise that the dates quoted are only preliminary scheduling and could be subject to change (hopefully brought forward if anything). She reckoned also that the car would be built within 2 weeks of that date and 10 days after that it should've been delivered to the dealership, PDI'd and potentially in my hands. From all the additional stuff like that she'd told me it did seem as though she knew what she was talking about.

The disparity between mcmaddy's and my dad's orders seems to throw the allocation assumption out. If our dealership (one of only 2 in the group) has a limited allocation and mcmaddy got in after me but before my dad, why is his scheduled 9 weeks later? It does seem as though options are playing a part unless mcmaddy's info provided by VW UK is out of date and they're now providing better forecast of accurate (! :laugh:!)build times.

Good info.  If you check out my "spec and options popularity" thread I recently did an analysis of which options might cause delays and your 2 orders + mcmaddy were some of the most useful ones in this.  Interestingly the only delay I could identify was that adding the sunroof bumps things to week 35ish... I recent conversation with a dealer that someone posted bears this out as the dealer said sunroof requires a different build and bumps the order to BW 30-something.

However, mcmaddy didn't go for the sunroof IIRC?  So still not got to the bottom of it!

The only option i changed was the adaptive chassis control but that was added on 28th April and I still have the same order number as my original one. Im wondering now if my change has meant me being dumped to the bottom of the pile at VW. i must just cancel and get a car from a different brand as loyalty seems to get you nowhere these days!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #555 on: 22 May 2013, 13:00 »

Hi Valenni

Agnews. Great service from the guys there too. I imagine they are eager to shift these cars ASAP and would rather not have any holdups.

Although I suspect things will become clearer over the next few weeks.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #556 on: 22 May 2013, 13:18 »

If there is any logic in the build date allocation then you've done OK to have only ordered last week and have a BW earlier than some here, even with the Pano roof which I would assume to be prime suspect option for delaying orders. Of course if there are formal dealership allocations, you might've struck lucky by still being the first order for your chosen dealership.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #557 on: 22 May 2013, 13:29 »

Hi Valenni

Agnews. Great service from the guys there too. I imagine they are eager to shift these cars ASAP and would rather not have any holdups.

Although I suspect things will become clearer over the next few weeks.

Yeah, same as myself in Boucher Road. I've been given a build week of 35, despite ordering the car on 9th April. Hope it sorts itself out over the next week or so!
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #558 on: 22 May 2013, 13:31 »

If there is any logic in the build date allocation then you've done OK to have only ordered last week and have a BW earlier than some here, even with the Pano roof which I would assume to be prime suspect option for delaying orders. Of course if there are formal dealership allocations, you might've struck lucky by still being the first order for your chosen dealership.

On the other hand, it's just an estimate, subject to change of course.  :wink:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #559 on: 22 May 2013, 13:31 »
The only option i changed was the adaptive chassis control but that was added on 28th April and I still have the same order number as my original one. Im wondering now if my change has meant me being dumped to the bottom of the pile at VW. i must just cancel and get a car from a different brand as loyalty seems to get you nowhere these days!!

Has anyone else who ordered ACC had a sub week 30 estimated build week from VW UK? This could be one of the big delay options.

Chris: Got anything else in mind for the replacement? The only thing i'd consider  instead of a GTD would be a Leon FR if you are after something relatively quickly (maybe a stock one being built/has been built with no allocated customer), A3 a possibility but they don't have the 184PS TDI yet. The best option is the GTD if you can hack the wait.

Makes me wonder if Mick tried telling you ACC wasn't worth the money partially to avoid the order delay that might come with the option. Chances are there's only a limited number of lines dedicated to ACC set-up and the queue is inevitably longer.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.