Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316648 times)

Offline Stocks23

• Just got here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #450 on: 15 May 2013, 17:17 »
I ordered a mk7 GTD in Tornado Red, 5 door, manual with no additional spec on May 7th and have been given a provisional build date of 12/08/2013.  :cry: . Certainly seems to me VW are holding back the GTD whilst they look to push out the GTI. On the plus side I suppose is that with delivery in September I will at least have the new plates...

Does anyone know roughly how long it is before you get a confirmed build week following order?

Thanks

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #451 on: 15 May 2013, 17:20 »
If they are confirmed they will appear on the website.

Email in a post above stated that the factory would not confirm this early but that they are "unlikely" to move.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #452 on: 15 May 2013, 17:26 »
They confirm 4 weeks before actual build date I think.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #453 on: 15 May 2013, 17:32 »
They confirm 4 weeks before actual build date I think.

Correct, thought that doesn't tell us much.  :tongue:  To elaborate on AAddict's point, we don't know how long between ordering and building, but 4 weeks before building they "confirm" and some time before that they can "estimate" which is what most of us have now.  They do say the outside estimate is 16 weeks.  So when you order it should not be more than 12 weeks before you get the confirmed build week (in most cases).

Also, just because someone gets a confirmed built that is a long time away doesn't mean much.  Could be that the dealer already used much of their allocation, or perhaps you ordered something like DSG which has restricted supply.  I wouldn't read anything into a single case, we'd need a pattern to make such conclusions.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #454 on: 15 May 2013, 17:34 »
Thanks for clearing that up Bear...
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #455 on: 15 May 2013, 18:00 »
Do certain dealers get priority on dates?

I was the first to take an allocation slot from my dealer however I am build week 32..
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #456 on: 15 May 2013, 22:17 »
I think it may be more to do with GTD's starting to get built later?  That build week puts you at roughly the same time as stocks23 who ordered 07/05/13.  I ordered my GTD on 02/05 but don't have an estimated date yet (was told to expect 16+ weeks)
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #457 on: 16 May 2013, 09:21 »
I think it may be more to do with GTD's starting to get built later?  That build week puts you at roughly the same time as stocks23 who ordered 07/05/13.  I ordered my GTD on 02/05 but don't have an estimated date yet (was told to expect 16+ weeks)

I've found the post that evo1986 made at the end of March.  It quotes a VW bulletin and says that the on sale date for the GTD is later than the GTI, so it makes sense that our GTD orders are getting later build weeks.

VW0336-13

...Open for ordering

Both the new GTI and GTD will open for ordering on 26 March, with the GTI going on sale on 18 June and the GTD a few weeks later on 5 August. We will update the volkswagen.co.uk car configurator and Connect Online to coincide with the open-for-order date.

We have ordered an initial batch of GTI and GTD models and we will let you know how these will be allocated to Retailers. An updated price list for the New Golf will also be available on the open-for-order dates and the publication will have full details of specification and equipment.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #458 on: 16 May 2013, 09:44 »
I think its clear that VW won't be building any GTD's until the first batch of GTI's are done & dusted.  Sucks for GTD buyers, particularly those who ordered March/April.  Clearly, VW were happy to open the books for orders but not so clear about realistic delivery dates - stinks a bit really.  It's the same for the GTI (to a lesser extent) as most who ordered straight away were told BW22 and its looking like BW26 at the earliest - I know its a month, but still....
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #459 on: 16 May 2013, 09:49 »
I ordered a mk7 GTD in Tornado Red, 5 door, manual with no additional spec on May 7th and have been given a provisional build date of 12/08/2013.  :cry: . Certainly seems to me VW are holding back the GTD whilst they look to push out the GTI. On the plus side I suppose is that with delivery in September I will at least have the new plates...

Does anyone know roughly how long it is before you get a confirmed build week following order?

Thanks

If no GTDs are getting made for sale before Aug 5th and you ordered nigh-on 6 weeks after the earliest orders placed, you're not doing too badly in the grand scheme of things, the wait is long, but not ridiculously long (seemingly 15 or 16 weeks for you) They do say 4 weeks from scheduled notification to actual build week, but there is always the chance that if a GTI (or even a GTD) were to be made in week 24, it'll already be scheduled even if it won't be visible on the tracker until week 22 when MY14 is started.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.