Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316612 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #410 on: 13 May 2013, 14:08 »
Well, had confirmation that the Wife's new Polo Blue GT will be arriving at the dealer approx 5th July, and have had no issues what so ever asking them to keep it until my GTD turns up (most likely mid to late September), so shouldn't be a problem ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #411 on: 13 May 2013, 14:33 »
Well, had confirmation that the Wife's new Polo Blue GT will be arriving at the dealer approx 5th July, and have had no issues what so ever asking them to keep it until my GTD turns up (most likely mid to late September), so shouldn't be a problem ?

She doesn't get her new car for months just because you can't have yours yet? That's so tight. Also it will be sat there getting filthy and dented in the tiny spaces in the dealership compound.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #412 on: 13 May 2013, 14:36 »

She doesn't get her new car for months just because you can't have yours yet? That's so tight. Also it will be sat there getting filthy and dented in the tiny spaces in the dealership compound.

Yeah, I;'m a ba5tard aren't I  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Seriously, it was the wife's idea to take both cars on the same day, however now we know that hers will be some months ahead of mine, we are thinking, like you mention, that it won't be a good idea to leave it at a dealership for that time, so will probably take hers early in July.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #413 on: 13 May 2013, 14:41 »
Yeah, I;'m a ba5tard aren't I  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Seriously, it was the wife's idea to take both cars on the same day, however now we know that hers will be some months ahead of mine, we are thinking, like you mention, that it won't be a good idea to leave it at a dealership for that time, so will probably take hers early in July.

Yeah, get her's delivered and let her drive you around while you look fed up and moan that your car isn't going to be available for ages.  Then, when she is feeling really sorry for you mention how some cookies/backrub/beer (delete word which do not apply) would cheer you up and bob's your uncle. :whistle:

Seriously, this works very well. :evil:

PS: Oh dear, this makes ME the ba5tard doesn't it?  :sad:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #414 on: 13 May 2013, 14:53 »
Nice idea Bill, but clearly you don't know my wife. She's hard as nails and not easily swayed by trivialities like that  :grin: :grin:

She is a bank manager after all !

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #415 on: 13 May 2013, 16:52 »
In hindsight this:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=253044.msg2327126#msg2327126

and this:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=253044.msg2327137#msg2327137

probably belong here.

Summary is, I'm itching to try a smash and grab raid on the VW order tracker site when they post the BW data.  That gives me 2-3 weeks for a feasibility study. heh heh heh

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #416 on: 13 May 2013, 17:43 »
Had a chat with my dealer today. Still can't understand why my order for a standard GTD white 3dr has been given a build week of 32...neither can they but its true. I ordered early to no ovail.  She did say that GTI's will arrive much sooner and they have 3 black GTI's arriving very soon. Anyone else going with Stoke vw?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #417 on: 13 May 2013, 18:00 »
German dealers already have cars, and so do some owners.

I think later this week, we will have build weeks.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #418 on: 13 May 2013, 18:09 »

Dave

http://files.vau-max.de/images/2013/04/vw-golf-7-gti-performance-werk-wob-produktion.jpg
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #419 on: 13 May 2013, 18:18 »

Dave

http://files.vau-max.de/images/2013/04/vw-golf-7-gti-performance-werk-wob-produktion.jpg

That is my car, wheels & everything! I like! So where is the UK stock then?!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....